Game 12: Longwood University, Saturday, December 19th, 8 PM, NO TV

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Longwood trailing OK St by 8 with 10 minutes left. Play interrupted by electrical issue--not sure if ESPNU will cover it if play resumes.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Mason's game notes - see http://www.gomason.com/fls/25200/Game Notes/Men's Basketball/MBB_Game_Notes.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=25200:

"George Mason and Longwood begin a new series tonight, meeting for the first time on the hardwood in program history.

Longwood opened the season winning its first two games against Randolph and La Roche before dropping eight of its next nine. The Lancers have fallen in their last four consecutive games and own a 1-5 record on the road this season."

GMUSig03

All-Conference
Mason's game notes - see http://www.gomason.com/fls/25200/Game Notes/Men's Basketball/MBB_Game_Notes.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=25200:

"George Mason and Longwood begin a new series tonight, meeting for the first time on the hardwood in program history.

Longwood opened the season winning its first two games against Randolph and La Roche before dropping eight of its next nine. The Lancers have fallen in their last four consecutive games and own a 1-5 record on the road this season."

So you're saying there's a chance?!

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Mason Basketball ‏@MasonMBB 1h1 hour ago
"It's about us getting better." Coach Paulsen discusses the focus heading into Longwood game in 'Around the Rim' http://www.gomason.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=25200&ATCLID=210593289&USE_REGULAR_SITE_FOR_MOBILE=YES…

"'They clogged the paint,' Paulsen said. 'We’ve got to punish that. Just like you punish teams that double team the post by kicking it out and scoring, we’ve got to be able to punish teams that clog the paint. We’ve got to be able to move the ball one or two more rotations, get better ball movement and execution.'”

" With senior forward Marko Gujanicic serving an academic suspension, the Patriots are down to eight scholarship players.

Julian Royal, who sustained his concussion in practice, has not played in a game this season. He has been available for parts of practices this week and may be back in the line-up soon.

With Holloway gone and Gujanicic out indefinitely, there could be increased playing time for freshmen Kameron Murrell at guard and Danny Dixon in the post plus junior walk-on guard Myles Tate."

psyclone

Hall of Famer
At last, some word about Royal:

"Julian Royal, who sustained his concussion in practice, has not played in a game this season. He has been available for parts of practices this week and may be back in the line-up soon."

He's badly needed for depth, but he's been out for so long, it will take him a while to get back in game shape.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Longwood Athletics ‏@LongwoodLancers 11h11 hours ago
Only 2 non-conference games remain before @LongwoodMBB opens Big South play. Next up -- George Mason. http://longwoodlancers.com/news/2015/12/18/MBB_1218153230.aspx?path=mbasket… #GoWood

"Longwood is among the top three-point shooting teams in the Big South, thanks in large part to sophomore shooting guard Kanayo Obi-Rapu's .479 (34-of-71) clip. Obi-Rapu ranks fifth nationally in three-point percentage (min. 65 attempts), while the Lancers rank second in the Big South with a .373 (76-of-204) clip."

Pablo

Hall of Famer
For games through 12/17/15, Longwood is 338th out of 346 D-I teams in 3-pt. FG defense at 41.3% (104-252).

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
I guess the Big South doesn't have betting lines, as I have yet to see a spread on the usual betting sites.

Yossarian

Sixth Man
Just posted my tix for sale on the Mason ticket exchange. Mandatory attendance at holiday concert is required of me tonight. Also posted tix for Tuesday's game, sadly. Confirmed they posted this time (unlike last time I thought I had posted them). Section 130, row M, seats 9 and 10. As cheap as they'd let me sell them.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
By George. ‏@ByGeorgeMason 5h5 hours ago
Mason v Longwood #getafterit

CWmURqrUAAAHM8a.jpg

Mason Basketball ‏@MasonMBB 2h2 hours ago
Mason students...Bring a Friend FREE tonight...enter through the North Entrance with a valid ID for a FREE guest.

CWnB1E4XAAEgZOD.jpg

1. Mason Athletics ‏@MasonAthletics 2h2 hours ago
    .@MasonWBB earns the first win of the day over Air Force! @MasonMBB goes for the sweep at 8pm tonight vs Longwood.

CWnPKveVAAQ5p9w.jpg

Last edited: