Game 12: Longwood University, Saturday, December 19th, 8 PM, NO TV

psyclone

Hall of Famer

I noticed that it was up by mid-morning today (didn't check after late evening Saturday until then). Again Kudos to those responsible for getting it out--especially useful on days like yesterday when the Post doesn't cover us as we still are able to get the DP post game quotes.

Steve Goff covered the GW game--not hard to understand given that they are ranked and many sportswriters were covering the upcoming Redskins and NFL Sunday games.

stimes

Preferred Walk-On
The win last night was great! Abrams was in a zone, but what will he do the next game? The freshman have shown great flashes of what's to come in the future. The only problem is, there is no consistency. Grayer will score 20 one night and give you two the next. Our two most consistent players have been Moore and Livingston. Livingston has the heart of a lion, but gets out of control too frequently. He needs to work on his defense, the Longwood point guard exposed him last night. All the A 10 coaches will be running a lot of isolations against him. Moore is the glue guy, he does it all, score, rebound, assist, blocks shots, steals and plays defense!!!! His shot continues to be inconsistent, and what's going on with his free throws. He went from 80% to like 58%, can it be contributed to his added muscle, the guy is built like a tank. Maybe he needs to stay out the weight room. The bottom line is we need our Veterans to step up if we want to be competitive in the A 10.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
The win last night was great! Abrams was in a zone, but what will he do the next game? The freshman have shown great flashes of what's to come in the future. The only problem is, there is no consistency. Grayer will score 20 one night and give you two the next. Our two most consistent players have been Moore and Livingston. Livingston has the heart of a lion, but gets out of control too frequently. He needs to work on his defense, the Longwood point guard exposed him last night. All the A 10 coaches will be running a lot of isolations against him. Moore is the glue guy, he does it all, score, rebound, assist, blocks shots, steals and plays defense!!!! His shot continues to be inconsistent, and what's going on with his free throws. He went from 80% to like 58%, can it be contributed to his added muscle, the guy is built like a tank. Maybe he needs to stay out the weight room. The bottom line is we need our Veterans to step up if we want to be competitive in the A 10.

About 99 percent of freshmen (other than one-and-dones) are inconsistent. No surprise there.

Otis is 160 pounds soaking wet, is playing the most important spot on the team for a demanding coach, and logs the most minutes of anyone on the roster. I'm willing to cut him some slack that he's not Briante Weber defensively.

Finally, what veterans are you referring to? Our senior big man is nursing a foot injury, which are notoriously difficult to overcome for people of his size. Our senior PF is sidelined due to academic issues and our senior SG quit the team.

Our season will go as the freshmen go. That is, up and down, just like the coach said it would.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Otis is 160 pounds soaking wet, is playing the most important spot on the team for a demanding coach, and logs the most minutes of anyone on the roster. I'm willing to cut him some slack that he's not Briante Weber defensively.

I'm assuming that substituting Murrell for Livingston late in the game was for defensive reasons. Or is it that Murrell is a little taller. Or both. At the time I was puzzled with the substitution, but maybe the thinking was that we had enough of a lead and the focus needed to be on the defensive end.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I'm assuming that substituting Murrell for Livingston late in the game was for defensive reasons. Or is it that Murrell is a little taller. Or both. At the time I was puzzled with the substitution, but maybe the thinking was that we had enough of a lead and the focus needed to be on the defensive end.

Currently, I see 4 Patriots who can play PG including Murrell.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yes, it was for defensive reasons. Livingston's D was lacking, but when he is out, our offense really suffers. And I don't trust any of our other ball handlers to get us into our offensive sets.

stimes

Preferred Walk-On
Yes, it was for defensive reasons. Livingston's D was lacking, but when he is out, our offense really suffers. And I don't trust any of our other ball handlers to get us into our offensive sets.
Well I have to disagree with that! Moore runs the team just as well, if not better. Actually I would rather see Livingston on the wing and Moore on the point. Livingston is a better shooter, and Moore is a better penetrator and passer.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Well I have to disagree with that! Moore runs the team just as well, if not better. Actually I would rather see Livingston on the wing and Moore on the point. Livingston is a better shooter, and Moore is a better penetrator and passer.
We'll just have to agree to disagree. When Livingston isn't on the floor, we are not the same team offensively, IMO.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
I just want to add to the people that commented about the National Anthem singer, thanks for the feedback, I passed it along to her.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We'll just have to agree to disagree. When Livingston isn't on the floor, we are not the same team offensively, IMO.

Doesn't some of that have to do with the fact that none of our bench players are scorers (aside from Abram's huge outburst against Longwood)?

Edit: and as I say that, Abram scores two quick 3s.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Moore today displayed the main reason why I disagree with you. Moore fills up the stat sheet in almost every column not just scoring and assists. He is turning out to be just an outstanding all around basketball player.