Coronavirus Pandemic Impacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Why aren’t they canceling that game?

https://www.ballsandbells.com/sports/boston-college-has-four-scholarship-players-available-vs-fsu/:

“Our administration made the decision that the game needs to be played.

'They know how I feel about it. Once that decision is made, my job is to get these guys ready. We spent the last two days trying to teach five guys our basic defense and offense so we can play Florida State on Tuesday night.'

Boston College is 3-10 on the season and just 1-6 in conference play. Tipoff for Tuesday’s game is set for 9 p.m. ET."

I think that it's probably fair to say there will be a new head coach at BC next season.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
As I said previously, Schmidt would be a great hire by BC. A BC alum who can coach toe-to-toe with anyone in the ACC. New England is also rich in prep talent to get good quickly.

I don't know though - he could have left Olean a while ago. Maybe he likes where he is at.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
This is my nomination for the dumbest tweet by a sportswriter:

John O'Connor

@RTDjohnoconnor

SLU-UR PPD: Hypothetically, you play for UR, have friend who tested positive, you are close contact, separated from Spiders, not going to be at UR-SLU Friday game. That may satisfy state, A-10 UR policies, but not SLU, coming off month COVID pause and desperate to avoid another.

10:05 AM · Feb 1, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/RTDjohnoconnor/status/1356257257361698817/retweets/with_comments

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
This is my nomination for the dumbest tweet by a sportswriter:

John O'Connor

@RTDjohnoconnor

SLU-UR PPD: Hypothetically, you play for UR, have friend who tested positive, you are close contact, separated from Spiders, not going to be at UR-SLU Friday game. That may satisfy state, A-10 UR policies, but not SLU, coming off month COVID pause and desperate to avoid another.

10:05 AM · Feb 1, 2021·Twitter Web App
He seems to be explaining a scenario where one team seems ready to play and another team postpones shortly before the game is to start because they have a different set of rules they are following. That appears to be what happened in this case.

What am I missing?

GMU1983

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
https://www.ballsandbells.com/sports/boston-college-has-four-scholarship-players-available-vs-fsu/:

'They know how I feel about it. Once that decision is made, my job is to get these guys ready. We spent the last two days trying to teach five guys our basic defense and offense so we can play Florida State on Tuesday night.'

Boston College is 3-10 on the season and just 1-6 in conference play. Tipoff for Tuesday’s game is set for 9 p.m. ET."

I think that it's probably fair to say there will be a new head coach at BC next season.
It is so stupid

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
He seems to be explaining a scenario where one team seems ready to play and another team postpones shortly before the game is to start because they have a different set of rules they are following. That appears to be what happened in this case.

What am I missing?
gotta follow the last 3 days on Twitter. This writer and the AD for Richmond have come off as complete idiots. They were calling for St Louis to forfeit the game publicly until Richmond got put on pause yesterday. It was a ridiculous fiasco that originally looked bad on St Louis part, until Richmond's positive tests, which made Richmond look terrible.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
gotta follow the last 3 days on Twitter. This writer and the AD for Richmond have come off as complete idiots. They were calling for St Louis to forfeit the game publicly until Richmond got put on pause yesterday. It was a ridiculous fiasco that originally looked bad on St Louis part, until Richmond's positive tests, which made Richmond look terrible.

And the reporter in question is a Richmond alum, which makes the whole thing even sketchier

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
And the reporter in question is a Richmond alum, which makes the whole thing even sketchier
Wow! That is very interesting. It makes me curious about a couple things:
  • I wonder how St Louis knew about Richmond's test results (lucky for them that they did, though). Did Richmond tell them about it and say it was not an issue?
  • How did Richmond think they were going to keep the lid on this. They had to know it was going to come out eventually
  • Is it possible that Richmond was trying to intentionally make St. Louis shutdown again so they couldn't play more games by tricking them in to playing?

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Wow! That is very interesting. It makes me curious about a couple things:
  • I wonder how St Louis knew about Richmond's test results (lucky for them that they did, though). Did Richmond tell them about it and say it was not an issue?
  • How did Richmond think they were going to keep the lid on this. They had to know it was going to come out eventually
  • Is it possible that Richmond was trying to intentionally make St. Louis shutdown again so they couldn't play more games by tricking them in to playing?
I think richmond disclosed the possibility of a contact of Covid. Don’t think a player was positive at that time. But I don’t know.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Game postponed due to COVID protocol from Florida State....still can't believe BC's administration was trying to force this game to happen.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops

·
1h

LOVE this.

Quote Tweet

6CtPo-7z_normal.jpg

Taylor Peterman

@taylorcpeterman
· 2h

Breaking: Ivy League presidents will allow current senior athletes to participate in athletics as full-time grad students at their current university next year in a break with League policies. The change is a result of Covid-19, which canceled a full year of sports. Story to come

Status
Not open for further replies.