Coronavirus Pandemic Impacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
https://citadelsports.com/news/2020...e-citadel-mens-basketball-game-postponed.aspx:

"SPARTANBURG, S.C. – Wednesday's Southern Conference men's basketball game between UNC Greensboro and The Citadel in Charleston, South Carolina, has been postponed due to positive COVID tests and quarantine requirements within The Citadel's program.

Wednesday's game was set to be the league opener for both squads. UNCG (5-3) will now open its SoCon slate Saturday at 5 p.m. Eastern when it hosts ETSU for the Ingles SoCon Game of the Week on select Nexstar affiliates. The Citadel (7-0), off to its best start since opening the 1919-20 campaign 11-0, is next scheduled to visit Western Carolina on Saturday at 1 p.m."

Check out the Citadel's OOC schedule - https://citadelsports.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30628788/nba-require-players-wear-sensors-part-contact-tracing:

"The NBA is planning to roll out an ambitious aspect of its leaguewide contact tracing program by requiring players and many team staffers to wear sensor devices during all team-organized activities outside of games starting Jan. 7, according to a league memo obtained by ESPN.

Only Tier 1 and Tier 2 individuals -- designations outlined in the league's health and safety protocols that include players and specific staff members, such as coaches -- will be required to wear Kinexon SafeZone contact sensor devices on the team plane, the team bus, during practices and to and from the arena or their home practice facility in connection with team travel, the memo states."

"The memo states that the sensors will record "the distance and duration of in-person interactions" with others who are wearing a sensor, which the NBA believes will aid in its contact tracing reviews in instances of positive coronavirus cases. Such reviews will also include interviews of players and staff members, as well as potentially examining camera footage at team facilities, to better understand who might have been exposed to an infected individual.

One health official with direct knowledge of the situation noted that the sensors should significantly help in better determining which players or staff might need to be quarantined should the situation arise."

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
With vcu and SLU both on pause maybe we CAN make top 4.

https://richmond.com/sports/college...cle_e852026c-58b3-57dc-9adc-7ce55cb39dc1.html:

"The vcu men’s basketball team’s scheduled game against Davidson Saturday afternoon was postponed Saturday morning due to a COVID-19 issue within the Rams’ program.

vcu was scheduled to host the Wildcats at 2:30 p.m., in the team’s second game of Atlantic 10 league play.

But the program will now have to pause due to COVID-19 protocols. There have been no decisions on the Rams’ upcoming games. They’re scheduled to play at George Mason on Wednesday."

I'm guessing that vcu's scheduled home game vs. Davidson will be rescheduled to be played back-to-back at Davidson. And, if Wednesday's scheduled Mason game is postponed, it could be rescheduled to be played back-to-back at the Siegal Center.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I would not agree to that if I were Mason.

Absolutely not! I'm not sure if we have any say in scheduling, but why would we ever agree to play back-to-back games at vcu if we do have a choice? We are only two hours away from one another, so there is no reason why vcu couldn't come here the day before or after our game down there.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Absolutely not! I'm not sure if we have any say in scheduling, but why would we ever agree to play back-to-back games at vcu if we do have a choice? We are only two hours away from one another, so there is no reason why vcu couldn't come here the day before or after our game down there.

In my post, I wrote: "it could be rescheduled to be played back-to-back at the Siegal Center." I wrote it this way because I don't know how much additional travel will be reasonably justified during this pandemic.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
One interesting fact is that we're only 3 - 8 against vcu under DP but two of the wins are at the Siegal Center.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
LaSalle and Mason both have next Wednesday's games postponed due to covid. Wonder if they reschedule LaSalle/Mason from already established date? Logistics may get too complicated to do stuff like that.

ephoops

Starter
https://richmond.com/sports/college...cle_e852026c-58b3-57dc-9adc-7ce55cb39dc1.html:

“And, if Wednesday's scheduled Mason game is postponed, it could be rescheduled to be played back-to-back at the Siegal Center.

The Patriot League’s entire schedule is back-to-back, home-and-home games on Saturdays and Sundays. For example, Bucknell plays at Navy today and Navy will play at Bucknell tomorrow.

If the Patriot League can schedule these home and home games on consecutive weekend days, the A-10 should be able to figure it out as well.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
The Patriot League’s entire schedule is back-to-back, home-and-home games on Saturdays and Sundays. For example, Bucknell plays at Navy today and Navy will play at Bucknell tomorrow.

If the Patriot League can schedule these home and home games on consecutive weekend days, the A-10 should be able to figure it out as well.

But, the A10 did not schedule its conference games back-to-back, and home-and-home on weekends. Now, it's a question of how best to reschedule games while minimizing the risks of contracting the virus.

I'm not saying that Mason vs. vcu must be played back-to-back in the Siegal Center if Wednesday's game is postponed. But, I would guess that it would be under consideration.

Last edited:

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If they do back to back at vcu this year (not sure how I could handle that), then I hope next year mason gets two home games. Not sure if that’s how it works but I hope they consider that.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I've got it! How 'bout the first team to play (win or lose) 15 conference games wins the A10. Whaddya think?

Last edited:
OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Boston U. requires players to wear masks:

Eq6R3ykXYAAP3PT

neFfwMRX_normal.jpg

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops
· 58m

Boston University wearing masks during its season-opener today at Holy Cross. As I reported, both teams will have to wear masks tomorrow when the two teams play at BU.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein

·
42m

Wednesday's game between Notre Dame and Georgia Tech has been postponed due to issues related to COVID-19 within Georgia Tech's program, per release.

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein

·
42m

Tonight's game between Memphis and UCF has been cancelled due to issues related to COVID-19, per release.

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein

·
1h

Oregon State is pausing all basketball related activities due to issues related to COVID-19, per release.

Status
Not open for further replies.