Coronavirus Pandemic Impacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Letting this go since it hasn't gone off the rails yet and its constructive. ....

Anyway, I hope everyone evaluates the vaccine and decides to get it. Whether that was 2 months ago, in 2 weeks from now or whatever. Anything that I was concerned about I was able to ask a family member who directly has knowledge of what goes on with the vaccines, and my fears were alleviated.

Unfortunately the Covid infection experience is different for everyone, and while some survive, some get terrible side effects long term. Its the luck of the draw. Someone who is young and healthy could have terrible side effects, someone old can have nothing.

The vaccine is safe and effective. No vaccine is perfect, but they are proven to be highly safe and effective from hospitalizations and death which is the key.

I have two physicians (one a virologist at JHU) in my family and my own personal physician recommended I wait. So my decision is based on that advice. If you want it - take it - but I and others should be allowed to make a choice. Like I said - when human trials are completed and we can see how this new technology plays out - I will reconsider it.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Letting this go since it hasn't gone off the rails yet and its constructive. ....

The vaccine is safe and effective. No vaccine is perfect, but they are proven to be highly safe and effective from hospitalizations and death which is the key.
There are more deaths and serious incidents reported in VARES for this vaccine than the previous 25 years.

5000+ deaths - we pulled the swine flu vaccine off the market for 52 deaths in 1979.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I have two physicians (one a virologist at JHU) in my family and my own personal physician recommended I wait. So my decision is based on that advice. If you want it - take it - but I and others should be allowed to make a choice. Like I said - when human trials are completed and we can see how this new technology plays out - I will reconsider it.

I don't know your personal health situation, but if your doctor isn't recommending you get it, it might be for some specific reason.

I'm pretty surprised that the Virologist at Hopkins told you to wait but hey, whatever works for you. I'm pretty surprised any doctor or virologist at Hopkins would recommend waiting at this juncture.

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If you are vaccinated - your ok correct? So the other person who is not vaccinated is only impacting themselves.

Wrong again, and another anti-vaxx canard. Unvaccinated people will be vectors for new COVID variants (including Delta, which is looking pretty bad) and will prevent us from reaching herd immunity. So all you people will keep this thing around much longer than it needs to be.

There are more deaths and serious incidents reported in VARES for this vaccine than the previous 25 years.

5000+ deaths - we pulled the swine flu vaccine off the market for 52 deaths in 1979.

Misleading at best. 600,000+ COVID deaths - "it's just the flu."

5,000 deaths from elderly and at-risk people after getting vaccinated but NOT attributable to the vaccine - "we don't know if this is safe."

Stop reading Clay Travis and Alex Berenson and listen to actual health professionals.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Wrong again, and another anti-vaxx canard. Unvaccinated people will be vectors for new COVID variants (including Delta, which is looking pretty bad) and will prevent us from reaching herd immunity. So all you people will keep this thing around much longer than it needs to be.

Misleading at best. 600,000+ COVID deaths - "it's just the flu."

5,000 deaths from elderly and at-risk people after getting vaccinated but NOT attributable to the vaccine - "we don't know if this is safe."

Stop reading Clay Travis and Alex Berenson and listen to actual health professionals.

Less than 450 U.S. deaths for the 2020-21 flu season. Such a ridiculous comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.