Coronavirus Pandemic Impacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Tough for them but not as bad as Dayton not getting to play last year when they had a real shot at a Final 4.

Bonnies lose badly to LSU - when will Schmidt get fired;)!
Dayton loses in the NIT.
St. Louis down 5 with 44 sec left

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Wah wah wah

It's the ref. Wah wah wah. It's the Dayton Marriott.

Wah wah wah. We did nothing wrong.

f**k you. Like I don't ACTIVELY hope any of them die or anything, but me and my friends are celebrating the China Virus on this evening.

Amen - I refuse to cower in fear for a 99.85% survival rate. I got a cold in March that lasted 2 weeks - turned out to be the Coof. I beat it and will live recklessly without underwear or any other between the world and my body.

Pikapp cannot be beaten by the Wuhan Air Herpes.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Daniel Frank Retweeted

RedditCFB
@RedditCFB

·
17h

NC State Baseball joins vcu Men's Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Hockey, Michigan Men's Hockey, and Rice Women's Volleyball in teams having to drop out of their NCAA Tournaments for COVID protocols this year. Here's hoping we never have a year like this again.

The school responsible for the development of the Moderna vaccine (Vanderbilt) moved on to the national championship while the school w/the coach that didn't want to talk "politics" when asked if he'd encouraged his players to get vaccinated got eliminated.

Another case of karma running over dogma.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Not trying to start the politics arguments again, just wanting to point out what a Qanidiot you are.

604K U.S. deaths, divided by .15% is the equivalent of 402.7 million infections. About 20% more than the entire U.S. population.

Dont want to restart that either -but to your numbers - CDC has stated on their website that about 139,000-160,000 of those deaths were assumed and not confirmed related in any way to the Coof. Second - the remainder of deaths had and average of 3.5 comorbidities with an average age of 78.6 years of age which is the same as life expectancy for women.

And infections - don't equal death or hospitalization.

When the vaccines have completed their human test trials and achieve full FDA certification - I will consider it.

But so far - been healthy the entire 18 plus months. Hope you have been doing well - and underwear is still optional.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The school responsible for the development of the Moderna vaccine (Vanderbilt) moved on to the national championship while the school w/the coach that didn't want to talk "politics" when asked if he'd encouraged his players to get vaccinated got eliminated.

Another case of karma running over dogma.
totally a pro vaccination guy, but since you want to throw stones at people for being factually inaccurate... The players on NC St that tested positive for COVID were all vaccinated...

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
totally a pro vaccination guy, but since you want to throw stones at people for being factually inaccurate... The players on NC St that tested positive for COVID were all vaccinated...

Maybe NC State’s unvaccinated players who triggered this situation — two of them tested positive, according to a report from d1baseball.com — were well aware of that risk the entire time. But it sure didn’t seem like vaccination was a big priority or talking point for coach Elliott Avent, who said in a news conference Friday that encouraging players to get the vaccine wasn’t in his job description.

Just prior to North Carolina State's game at the College World Series against Vanderbilt Friday, word came down that two Wolfpack players, starting second baseman J.T. Jarrett and closer Evan Justice, were not available due to health and safety protocols and that the game would be delayed, presumably so NC State could sort out who else would be affected.

As it turns out, the effects were wide-reaching. Fourteen different NC State players were ruled out, including starting position players in shortstop Jose Torres, center fielder Tyler McDonough and DH Terrell Tatum, in addition to Jarrett and Justice.

Per health and safety protocols at the College World Series, vaccinated players are not subject to regular Covid-19 testing, while those unvaccinated are required to do so.

Upon further testing, some vaccinated players were also found to be positive, but it was the unvaccinated players that initially tested positive. Per the NCAA rules established in advance of the CWS, unvaccinated athletes would undergo a regular testing schedule.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

To be clear - I am pro-vaccine - just not an untested one released under experimental emergency rules where the technology has not undergone human trials prior to it being released and where all the animal tests resulted in death.

There is a difference.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Maybe NC State’s unvaccinated players who triggered this situation — two of them tested positive, according to a report from d1baseball.com — were well aware of that risk the entire time. But it sure didn’t seem like vaccination was a big priority or talking point for coach Elliott Avent, who said in a news conference Friday that encouraging players to get the vaccine wasn’t in his job description.

Just prior to North Carolina State's game at the College World Series against Vanderbilt Friday, word came down that two Wolfpack players, starting second baseman J.T. Jarrett and closer Evan Justice, were not available due to health and safety protocols and that the game would be delayed, presumably so NC State could sort out who else would be affected.

As it turns out, the effects were wide-reaching. Fourteen different NC State players were ruled out, including starting position players in shortstop Jose Torres, center fielder Tyler McDonough and DH Terrell Tatum, in addition to Jarrett and Justice.

Per health and safety protocols at the College World Series, vaccinated players are not subject to regular Covid-19 testing, while those unvaccinated are required to do so.

Upon further testing, some vaccinated players were also found to be positive, but it was the unvaccinated players that initially tested positive. Per the NCAA rules established in advance of the CWS, unvaccinated athletes would undergo a regular testing schedule.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
To be clear - I am pro-vaccine - just not an untested one released under experimental emergency rules where the technology has not undergone human trials prior to it being released and where all the animal tests resulted in death.

There is a difference.

Have literally had multiple friends who participated in the vaccine trials prior to it being available. I even volunteered for one myself, but had too many in my demographic already.

Maybe stop taking your cues from Q.

Pfizer
The Phase 3 clinical trial was designed to determine if the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine is safe and effective in preventing COVID-19 disease. This trial began July 27, 2020, and completed enrollment of 46,331 participants in January 2021

Moderna
The trial began on July 27, 2020, and enrolled 30,420 adult volunteers at clinical research sites across the United States. Volunteers were randomly assigned 1:1 to receive either two 100 microgram (mcg) doses of the investigational vaccine or two shots of saline placebo 28 days apart.

Johnson & Johnson
The Phase 3 ENSEMBLE study of the single-dose regimen of JNJ-78436735, the investigational vaccine candidate for the prevention of COVID-19 being developed by the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, continues to enroll and vaccinate study participants. ENSEMBLE is proceeding to enroll up to 60,000 participants worldwide

Last edited:

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Have literally had multiple friends who participated in the vaccine trials prior to it being available. I even volunteered for one myself, but had too many in my demographic already.

Maybe stop taking your cues from Q.

"I have no problem with vaccines, I just have a problem with *this* vaccine" is an old anti-vaxx canard. It's an effective way to frame nonsensical and factually invalid arguments as reasonable. See also: I just want vaccines that are safe.

Don't fall for it.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

FDA Adds Warning About Heart Inflammation to COVID-19 mRNA Vaccines​

This has been linked, in particular, to healthy, young males, who also have a particularly low risk from the virus itself.

myocarditis is also a prominent symptom of COVID infections in the same demographic.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Letting this go since it hasn't gone off the rails yet and its constructive. ....

Anyway, I hope everyone evaluates the vaccine and decides to get it. Whether that was 2 months ago, in 2 weeks from now or whatever. Anything that I was concerned about I was able to ask a family member who directly has knowledge of what goes on with the vaccines, and my fears were alleviated.

Unfortunately the Covid infection experience is different for everyone, and while some survive, some get terrible side effects long term. Its the luck of the draw. Someone who is young and healthy could have terrible side effects, someone old can have nothing.

The vaccine is safe and effective. No vaccine is perfect, but they are proven to be highly safe and effective from hospitalizations and death which is the key.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
"I have no problem with vaccines, I just have a problem with *this* vaccine" is an old anti-vaxx canard. It's an effective way to frame nonsensical and factually invalid arguments as reasonable. See also: I just want vaccines that are safe.

Don't fall for it.

Not a canard sir -- a simple statement of fact. I just got my shingles vaccine last week.

mRNA technology has never been successfully used before. Still experimental - I am willing to wait until the human trials are over -- it is STILL under EUA and has not been fully approved by the FDA.

Standard human trials run 2-3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.