Coaching Carousel 2023

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Now who will Skinn bring in for his assistants? He did cross paths with Greg Odom at Ohio state for a year, when Odom was a graduate assistant.

Now Odom is a Director of Basketball Operations at Butler. It looks like Odom wants to get into coaching. So maybe he will take a promotion to Mason? Why not right?

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Yeah no longer confident in hearing anything. I’m ready for us to move on, and I’m ready for KE’s to picture to be off the main page of this site.

How are you feeling now????

iu

OP
Walter

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I am going to rename this thread the "Coaching Carousel 2023" so we can continue to have a place to discuss other coaching openings.

All new comments about our new coach should be made in the Welcome Coach Tony Skinn thread.

OP
Walter

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
vcu is having its press conference at noon on Friday to announce Odom.

Have we announced when ours will be?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
vcu is having its press conference at noon on Friday to announce Odom.

Have we announced when ours will be?
2am Monday morning in the middle of the JC Plaza

Kidding, it'll be sometime next week. EBA has some events so they have to work through some logistics.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeah… I told a couple people offline that I know that I’d heard the offer was roughly $4m/year when they were annoyed we weren’t willing to match Providence. No way Mason was sniffing that. Not even close to A10 standards
That is...quite a lot of money for a guy with his track record. I believe CKE will be successful but man what a gamble. For that kinda scratch you'd think we at least got an NIT bid or something.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeah… I told a couple people offline that I know that I’d heard the offer was roughly $4m/year when they were annoyed we weren’t willing to match Providence. No way Mason was sniffing that. Not even close to A10 standards
4mil for a guy who had a mediocre 2 seasons as a first time hc? Something wrong somewhere.

He15man

Starter
4mil for a guy who had a mediocre 2 seasons as a first time hc? Something wrong somewhere.
I don't disagree. I feel like money in this business (college and pro alike) is just thrown around like Monopoly these days. So much is based on projection vs. evidence, because if you have the audacity to wait and see... that's apparently insulting and an indicator you didn't have faith in them. So the default is to now pay up so you stand a chance at keeping them around come renewal time.

It's all so backwards.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
That will only be in your mind. 99.9999999% not happening.

What is about everyone on this site pissing on my parade - Can't I enjoy one day of undisturbed delusion and revelry?? Am I to be punished and hounded by site administrators until I push up daises??

Go Mason Bitches !!

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

4 million is about what we spend for the entire basketball program. Imagine doubling that just to keep the coach around.