2024 Transfer Portal - Potential Incoming and General Discussion

illayin

Sixth Man
lol Baraka going to Howard? overestimated his market value?? yall must not know basketball if you don't think that kid is special...

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
lol Baraka going to Howard? overestimated his market value?? yall must not know basketball if you don't think that kid is special...
I do know he’s special, but Howard has deep pockets, and I can imagine him wanting to play with his brother.

I imagine he chose Mason in part to be relatively close to his brother at Howard. In an interview with Bill Roland, he mentioned that despite being so close, the demands of the basketball season kept him away from his brother.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I do know he’s special, but Howard has deep pockets, and I can imagine him wanting to play with his brother.

I imagine he chose Mason in part to be relatively close to his brother at Howard. In an interview with Bill Roland, he mentioned that despite being so close, the demands of the basketball season kept him away from his brother.
Curious where you saw Howard has deep pockets?

If they do, that’s great and I didn’t expect that. MEAC programs usually have to take a ton of buy games to keep lights on.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Curious where you saw Howard has deep pockets?

If they do, that’s great and I didn’t expect that. MEAC programs usually have to take a ton of buy games to keep lights on.
Well idk about it terms of operating budgets. But huge endowment and lots of notable alumni. Although I doubt PDiddy will be donating anytime soon.

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I think he ends up at Howard to play with his brother.

I wish Skinn, offered his brother to come to Mason though…
there is no substantial NIL money at Howard
as a result, they have lost multiple players to the transfer portal over the last 3 years
but because of the name and their unique situation they are still able to attract some transfer and high school talent

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
there is no substantial NIL money at Howard
as a result, they have lost multiple players to the transfer portal over the last 3 years
but because of the name and their unique situation they are still able to attract some transfer and high school talent
I feel like Howard can make a couple quick calls and get some substantial investments in NIL.

If they want the basketball team to succeed, it will.