2020-2021 Schedule Thread

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
When I saw this announcement this morning my immediate thought was the head explosion that @sleeperpick would have. Maine is literally one of the worst teams in Division 1.

They had to have been a cheap buy game. Let's hope this is the worst game on the schedule.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
When I saw this announcement this morning my immediate thought was the head explosion that @sleeperpick would have. Maine is literally one of the worst teams in Division 1.

They had to have been a cheap buy game. Let's hope this is the worst game on the schedule.
I had two buddies that played for UMAINE Troy Barnies and Sean McNally. Both absolute beasts. But yea that team is horrible and the university only cares about Football and hockey. Alfond sports complex is sick though and I love going back to Maine each summer that's for sure. Might don some Black Bear gear for this one.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Assuming that there will be an OOC schedule for fans to attend next season, how do you justify scheduling Maine? Is the school promoting social distancing at the EBA?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Assuming that there will be an OOC schedule for fans to attend next season, how do you justify scheduling Maine? Is the school promoting social distancing at the EBA?

I have no idea what will be in 8 months but the scheduling is probably done on the assumption the games will be played with or without fans.

Maine probably had an open date that matched up with Mason, and they matched up on what Mason was willing to pay for a buy game.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I have no idea what will be in 8 months but the scheduling is probably done on the assumption the games will be played with or without fans.

Maine probably had an open date that matched up with Mason, and they matched up on what Mason was willing to pay for a buy game.

I understand why Maine is accepting the game. The question is why Mason is scheduling this game with declining attendance?

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I understand why Maine is accepting the game. The question is why Mason is scheduling this game with declining attendance?
Because most fans are dumb enough to still support a coach that can get 8-11 wins from a cream puff OOC. I mean we had people on here talking 22 or 24 wins because of our non conference cream puff success.

Considering we are playing good teams in the Junkaroo tournament I bet that we have an even easier or equivalent OOC slate of home games. Loser mentality but that seems to be what we are. If Paulsen refuses to challenge a senior led team in OOC he is exactly who I think he is.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Obviously they felt they wanted to for the reasons I mentioned, irregardless of attendance or any other factors.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
If there is a more insignificant D1 hoops program in the nation than Maine I haven't seen it.

Genius move. Maine just signed Matias Prock who graduated from McLean HS last year.

Many from the area and his AAU program, the nova cavs, will buy tickets.

$$$$$$$$ move by Maine and us. Also Tarvis614 and KA love Maine shit.

The positive is we vacation in Maine every year and a couple of U Maine girls give me a fantastic massage every year that includes my blackbearries. Maybe I can get get 'em to road trip down for the game if I can lose the wife that day.

Bad news is gonna be a whole Lotta pale white legs showing at Brions that day. Those cats NEVER wear anything other than shorts unless its 20 degrees or lower...

OP
Five Two

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Sure, Maine is terrible but didnt we know we were going to have a game or two against some really bad RPI teams? Most teams do have a few clunkers on the schedule and we are no different. Scheduling is more art than science and you have to have teams who have open dates and willing to take our $$ over another school possibly offering more $$. I know its difficult to wait until the full schedule is known before everyone starts complaining about who we are or aren't playing. Its mid-April, take a deep breath.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Well, assuming we have a fall semester, Nov. 24th is the week of Thanksgiving and no one will show up anyway?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Sure, Maine is terrible but didnt we know we were going to have a game or two against some really bad RPI teams? Most teams do have a few clunkers on the schedule and we are no different. Scheduling is more art than science and you have to have teams who have open dates and willing to take our $$ over another school possibly offering more $$. I know its difficult to wait until the full schedule is known before everyone starts complaining about who we are or aren't playing. Its mid-April, take a deep breath.

Bryant
Maine
ODU
JMU
BYU (allegedly)
Fresno State (MWC challenge)
Are there any other games we know already?

We need to sign a few home-and-homes with some good mid-major teams even if we travel year one (maybe we can convince San Francisco to do a home-and-home with us since we'll be out there already).
At least one, maybe two P5 buy games on our side.

Mason32

Starter
Sure, Maine is terrible but didnt we know we were going to have a game or two against some really bad RPI teams?

Maine and Bryant are in the sub #330s of most rankings, why can't they at least pick schools in the 200-275 for christ sake?