Women's Soccer

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
https://wtop.com/fairfax-county/201...dicated-former-gmu-soccer-player-who-drowned/

Family, friends and teammates gathered on Sunday to honor a former George Mason University soccer player and track and field team member who died while kayaking in an Annapolis, Maryland, creek over the summer.

Stephanie Hancock drowned while kayaking along Spa Creek on June 29. The Baltimore Sun reported that 39-year-old Hancock and her boyfriend had been on the water in separate kayaks when hers overturned in the area where Spa Creek runs into the Severn River.

Nisquith99

Four-star Recruit
Thanks for sharing! The game happened my freshman year, but didn't have cable at the time, so I watched it for the first time last night. Those women played rough.
I'm glad you were able to enjoy it, it's kinda sad though that not much is written about this team even though they won us our first ever NCAA championship in team play

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"Senior Sara Chontosh scored the game winning goal for the Patriots off an assist from fellow senior Emma Lee. This was Chontosh's fifth goal of the season, scoring the other two goals in the game. Emma Lee tallied two assists in tonight's match. Junior Grace Hotaling adds another assist for the season, tallying her seventh assist. Hotaling is currently second in the A-10 in assists. Chontosh is on the leader boards for both shots and shots on goal. The Patriot's earned season highs in tonight's match: points (9), goals (3), and assists (3). Chontosh's hat-trick earned her a spot in the record books for hat-tricks in a season."

Last edited:

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

The program's last victory was August 25, 2022 at home vs. Howard (3-1). The 2018 season was the program's last season with a winning record.
Man, we've had a lot of sucky teams recently. But things do seem to be turning around. Let's Go Green and Gold!

Pablo

Hall of Famer

" A Truly Wordly (Cup) Experience. We are just over a week away from the start of the 2023 Women’s World Cup in Australia and New Zealand.

One of our own, Milan Pierre-Jerome, is right in the middle of the experience and will be putting her best foot forward against some of the most elite players in the world.

F0b0jmMXwAMKZmu.jpeg

A rising senior for the Patriots, Pierre-Jerome was the team captain for Mason last fall and is a current member of the Haitian National Team, who will be a part of Group D in the upcoming World Cup tournament.

Milan and her teammates open up group stage play on July 22 against England, who is currently ranked fourth in the world. Games against China (July 28) and Denmark (August 1) follow with hopes for enough points to advance to the round of 16, which is set to begin on August 5.

For the Patriots this past season, she started all 18 games in the midfield and led the squad in assists with four.

That’s not the only thing Pierre-Jerome has been busy with since last fall.

This past April, she attended the NCAA Leadership Forum at NCAA Headquarters in Indianapolis, Ind. She was just one of two Atlantic 10 athletes to attend the event."

phoenix-arizona

All-American
I just back from Ireland and they are excited for the women's team and their first appearance in women's world cup. I hope they do well even though they are in a tough group.