Women's Soccer

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Final: Villanova (3-0-2) 3 - Mason (0-6) 0

The program's winless streak is now 21 games, and this season has been outscored 21-0.

The Patriots' last victory was on August 25, 2022 vs. Howard (3-1).

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Final: Villanova (3-0-2) 3 - Mason (0-6) 0

The program's winless streak is now 21 games, and this season has been outscored 21-0.

The Patriots' last victory was on August 25, 2022 vs. Howard (3-1).
Do we have the worst women's soccer team in all of D1?

phoenix-arizona

All-American
I can only imagine how disheartening it must be for the players--going out there knowing about the losing streak, knowing they've been outscored 0-21 like this. How do you find the motivation to get off the mat like this?

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Do we have the worst women's soccer team in all of D1?

I don't believe so. But, if the comments that I've read on another forum about the coach are true, then it's a very dysfunctional situation. Perhaps, someone close to the program can elaborate on the status of the program on this board.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I can only imagine how disheartening it must be for the players--going out there knowing about the losing streak, knowing they've been outscored 0-21 like this. How do you find the motivation to get off the mat like this?
Indeed. Got to feel for them.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"HISTORY WITH THE TERRAPINS
Maryland leads the all-time series with the Patriots with a 19-6-1 record, with the Terrapins having won the previous four match ups. Mason has been shut out the last three meetings, having lost their most recent game to Maryland 3-0 last season.

The last time the Patriots beat the Terrapins was on Sept. 11, 2016. The Patriots won 5-2 in College Park that season."

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Final: UMD (2-1-4) 2 - Mason (0-7) 0. The Terrapins outshot the Patriots 28-0.

The program's winless streak is now 22 games, and this season has been outscored 23-0.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"INSIDE THE NUMBERS
  • Mason was held scoreless, shotless and cornerless. Maryland, on the other hand had 28 total shots with 13 on goal, along with 15 awarded corner kicks.
  • Ginny Fronk's 11 saves is Mason's first double-digit save game since Oct. 2, 2022, when Selamawit Caldart recorded 14 saves at Saint Louis."
Freshman Ginny Fronk has 48 saves this season.

Does anyone expect Coach Manya Puppione to be back next season?

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Final: UMD (2-1-4) 2 - Mason (0-7) 0. The Terrapins outshot the Patriots 28-0.

The program's winless streak is now 22 games, and this season has been outscored 23-0.
Wow! No shots on goal??
Anyone know how many they have had all season?

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
18. With I believe about 12 on goal? I wasn’t really counting those, but that’s about right.
Geez, 12 in 7 games. I feel for the ladies. I know they are doing the best they can. But this has to be awful for them.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Only 1 more out of conference game left so maybe focus on getting a goal scored before starting the a10 season and maybe they can pick up a few wins during the conference season. I hope that the women can just play the rest of the season fast and loose because there really is nothing to lose at this point.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Final: Iowa (6-0-1) 3 - Mason (0-8) 0

The Hawkeyes outshot the Patriots 25-1.

The program's winless streak is now 23 games, and this season has been outscored 26-0.
At least we got a shot off.