Who's your Daddy?!?! - Welcome Bahaide Haidara

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I was told he would only have 3 years of eligibility anyway based on how things lined up with the Canada education so it worked out with the redshirt.

Never realized how old he was though.

It appears that he was enrolled in a 2-year pre-university program - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawson_College:

"The CEGEP offers two types of programs: pre-university and career/technical. Pre-university programs take two years to complete and cover subject matter that roughly corresponds to the additional year of high school given elsewhere in Canada, as well as university-level introductory courses that prepare students for their chosen field in university."

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It appears that he was enrolled in a 2-year pre-university program - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawson_College:

"The CEGEP offers two types of programs: pre-university and career/technical. Pre-university programs take two years to complete and cover subject matter that roughly corresponds to the additional year of high school given elsewhere in Canada, as well as university-level introductory courses that prepare students for their chosen field in university."
Daddy is listed as a Freshman on the team's roster. Otherwise, wouldn't he have come in as a sophomore?

Herndon

All-Conference
Anyone notice that Daddy is gonna be a 22 yr old freshman in April?

Unless my math is wrong, he's gonna be 26 by his RS Senior season. WTH??!

Let the Daddy jokes commence...

...I'm going to be honest, his H.S. tape is maybe less impressive to me right now. It's a little bit different to be kicking a bunch of high schooler's asses when you're 20.

(Then again, given AJ's performances this year, maybe I should just not doubt super athletic players :) )

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
We all weren't sure what we'd see out of Daddy, but I've seen a player who is a barrel of energy who hits the boards hard. He doesn't play that much, but when he comes in, he usually gets a key rebound or a put-back.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We all weren't sure what we'd see out of Daddy, but I've seen a player who is a barrel of energy who hits the boards hard. He doesn't play that much, but when he comes in, he usually gets a key rebound or a put-back.
Kid is about as polished as Greg and literally cannot dribble which is surprising for a former PG.... but BOY does this kid hustle which you would think would earn him mins... Hope he plays more than 6 mins today because it is always a benefit to go longer. I hate seeing lineups of Jamal (useless), XJ (seems to have gotten a lot worse or is injured) and Kolek (3point shooter but inexperienced). Maybe Dady can take one of their mins a bit more.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Kid is about as polished as Greg and literally cannot dribble which is surprising for a former PG.... but BOY does this kid hustle which you would think would earn him mins... Hope he plays more than 6 mins today because it is always a benefit to go longer. I hate seeing lineups of Jamal (useless), XJ (seems to have gotten a lot worse or is injured) and Kolek (3point shooter but inexperienced). Maybe Dady can take one of their mins a bit more.

Yeah I mean I'm not expecting him to be a PG option or even a shooter at this point. He basically is a role player who does the things I've mentioned. It is early in his career but this is what he is through 4 games.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Did we ever figure out if he took a redshirt last year or if he’s playing this year as a sophomore?

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We have a roster full of athletic guys that don't shoot very well. Why we don't at least *try* to pressure the ball and play more uptempo is mind boggling. We see it for brief stretches in some games and it's just about the only time where we look like we're any good. Our halfcourt offense is the proverbial doorknob-humping over and over again and anything we can do to see less of it is a good thing.

Wouldn't expect to see us run today either with the short bench, but still #FreeDady

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
We have a roster full of athletic guys that don't shoot very well. Why we don't at least *try* to pressure the ball and play more uptempo is mind boggling. We see it for brief stretches in some games and it's just about the only time where we look like we're any good. Our halfcourt offense is the proverbial doorknob-humping over and over again and anything we can do to see less of it is a good thing.

Wouldn't expect to see us run today either with the short bench, but still #FreeDady

Agreed. If we are going to have a team of "athletic horses", turn the tempo up and play fast. Get easy buckets as much as possible.

If it's anyone to play this way against, it's against these out of conference teams who aren't as long or athletic. At the very least save the slow tempo for when you can't out run the other team.

FreeGunston12

All-American

Agreed. If we are going to have a team of "athletic horses", turn the tempo up and play fast. Get easy buckets as much as possible.

If it's anyone to play this way against, it's against these out of conference teams who aren't as long or athletic. At the very least save the slow tempo for when you can't out run the other team.
We have to get the kind of stops that allow us to run, and we haven't been good enough rebounding the basketball to get our guards on the break.

Herndon

All-Conference
So, it appears we have figured out what we're going to get from Daddy this year, which is 15 blood-and-guts minutes where he fights with tooth and claw for every loose ball, commits 2 turnovers (generally of the head-scratcher variety), and gets 5 boards, 2 steals, 3 personal fouls, and 4 garbage points.

You know, I'll take that. There's a place on my team for a guy who isn't that skilled, but is going to fight you for every inch with maximum effort, and do so with size and athleticism.

I can see him being an undersized 4 for his career that makes up for his lack of size with effort and athleticism, sort of like an A10 version of NBA Jae Crowder

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
So, it appears we have figured out what we're going to get from Daddy this year, which is 15 blood-and-guts minutes where he fights with tooth and claw for every loose ball, commits 2 turnovers (generally of the head-scratcher variety), and gets 5 boards, 2 steals, 3 personal fouls, and 4 garbage points.

You know, I'll take that. There's a place on my team for a guy who isn't that skilled, but is going to fight you for every inch with maximum effort, and do so with size and athleticism.

I can see him being an undersized 4 for his career that makes up for his lack of size with effort and athleticism, sort of like an A10 version of NBA Jae Crowder

Dady is one of my favorite players on this roster. He knows his role and plays it well. You can’t teach what he’s brought this year, hustle and heart. Doesn’t try to do too much offensively which is just fine.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Agreed with the above. If he adds a little shooting ability that would be great. I could see him being a little bit of a more athletic and polished version of Ian Boyd. Always need a guy like that.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This guy is really quick. He has had a couple of flashes for layups that dropped my jaw. I hope Daddy can be more than an attempt to catch lightening in a bottle. Build him up. Capture that bolt.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
This guy is really quick. He has had a couple of flashes for layups that dropped my jaw. I hope Daddy can be more than an attempt to catch lightening in a bottle. Build him up. Capture that bolt.
Was his wrist injury on shooting hand? Maybe that's got something to do with him not making a single Free Throw this year.

Last edited: