Welcome Kim English

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Thanks. Yup that’s def her. I can always count on you Pablo.

Last edited:

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
George Mason University - Fairfax, VA
Washington Wizards - Washington, DC
Kim English - Fairfax, VA
Bradley Beal - Washington, DC

GMU practices ... special guest ... yes please?

He15man

Starter
Am I the only one shocked he's trying to keep Oduro so bad? He just brought a transfer SF here who is the same size. Seems like an upgrade at the 5 is a couple phone calls away
I'm sure KE sees a kid that hasn't even touched the FLOOR of his potential... let along his ceiling. With the right coaching, Josh could be a NBA draft pick with his size and athleticism. No way Paulsen was getting the most out of him.

GMU1983

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Am I the only one shocked he's trying to keep Oduro so bad? He just brought a transfer SF here who is the same size. Seems like an upgrade at the 5 is a couple phone calls away
Swhartz is a different player than Oduro. We need Oduro on the inside

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Oduro averaged 10 points and 6 rebounds as a sophomore in 24 min a game. Bigs take longer to develop. I don't know why he gets such a bad rap on here. He is a productive player with by all accounts a great work ethic and wants to get better. Why wouldn't you want to keep that around?

There is no doubt in my mind that if English could save one player and only one player from the current roster it would be Oduro. That's not a dig on Miller, Kolek or anybody else, but 6-9 big men with his size and athleticism don't grow on trees. Wings and shooters are a dime a dozen, especially to an ace recruiter like English.

That's not to say Oduro and some of our other players don't have a lot of room for improvement or can't be recruited over. The more competition the better. I just want to see what English can do to take a bunch of finesse-type players and make them meaner. I'm tired of seeing floaters, fadeaways, and pull-up jumpers. I want to see our guards attacking the rim. I want to see our bigs posting up and being rewarded by our guards actually throwing it to them in the post.

You can't demand a coaching change and not understand that many of our players were being under-coached. Assuming they return, I would fully expect to see versions of Miller, Oduro, Polite and several other players we haven't come close to seeing so far.

There's a new sheriff in town. And his name is Reggie Hammond Kim English.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Oduro averaged 10 points and 6 rebounds as a sophomore in 24 min a game. Bigs take longer to develop. I don't know why he gets such a bad rap on here. He is a productive player with by all accounts a great work ethic and wants to get better. Why wouldn't you want to keep that around?

There is no doubt in my mind that if English could save one player and only one player from the current roster it would be Oduro. That's not a dig on Miller, Kolek or anybody else, but 6-9 big men with his size and athleticism don't grow on trees. Wings and shooters are a dime a dozen, especially to an ace recruiter like English.

That's not to say Oduro and some of our other players don't have a lot of room for improvement or can't be recruited over. The more competition the better. I just want to see what English can do to take a bunch of finesse-type players and make them meaner. I'm tired of seeing floaters, fadeaways, and pull-up jumpers. I want to see our guards attacking the rim. I want to see our bigs posting up and being rewarded by our guards actually throwing it to them in the post.

You can't demand a coaching change and not understand that many of our players were being under-coached. Assuming they return, I would fully expect to see versions of Miller, Oduro, Polite and several other players we haven't come close to seeing so far.

There's a new sheriff in town. And his name is Reggie Hammond Kim English.
"Guards attacking the rim." I loved Marquise Moore! Unorthodox, yes. But the guy was a beast! Reminded me of a bigger version of Myron Contee.

OP
Patriot8

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm sure they met and forged a pretty good relationship while competing in the SEC. Beal was only at Florida for 2 years before jumping, but those two years were during Kim's junior and senior years.
English never played in the SEC. Missouri entered the conference the year after he graduated.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
"McGhee then transferred to the George Mason University, but did not play for the Patriots in 2015-16,"

we should use "the" George Mason University more often ;)

JPgmuswim

Starter
Last edited:

FreeGunston12

All-American
I mean the guy was our 2nd best player last year. He pretty much single-handely beat vcu with 27 and 6, had a double-double the following game against GW. Stomping LaSalle the following game may have been the worst thing for him (he played 9 minutes) and then DP kinda relegated him to 2nd string.

I absolutely can see why English wants him to stay so bad. From what I can tell, he's a gym rat too.

It's hard to break preconceptions. I think many posters have this set image of him from a lack of excitement as a recruit. But wake up, this guy is a baller.

BTW, I fully expect him to stay. He's out eating steak with a former NBA player and getting his picture retweeted by a current all star. What's not to love?

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I mean the guy was our 2nd best player last year. He pretty much single-handely beat vcu with 27 and 6, had a double-double the following game against GW. Stomping LaSalle the following game may have been the worst thing for him (he played 9 minutes) and then DP kinda relegated him to 2nd string.

I absolutely can see why English wants him to stay so bad. From what I can tell, he's a gym rat too.

It's hard to break preconceptions. I think many posters have this set image of him from a lack of excitement as a recruit. But wake up, this guy is a baller.

BTW, I fully expect him to stay. He's out eating steak with a former NBA player and getting his picture retweeted by a current all star. What's not to love?
ABSOLUTELY!!

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer

Nope, you're not.

There's lot of "fans" on this site w/bad takes and vocal opinions.

#TextAFriend

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer

And just to pile on your "few phone calls away" take for another 4-Star 6'9" transfer to show up :rolleyes:, here's the current uncommitted PF transfer portal.

Tre Mitchell is fourth on the list and out of our league, as are the guys above him who are looking at P5 schools only.
Drew Pember is 14th on that list who I'd be happy with, but think Oduro is probably better than.
Then there's geography issues, some guys won't want to play that far from home.
There's attitude or other behavioral issues, some guys are in the transfer portal for good reasons.
There's fit and style of play to consider.
There's number of years left, Oduro has three more w/2020 not counted against.
And then there's just good ole starting from scratch and trying to get on a kid's radar who you haven't met before and who's getting contacted by dozens of other programs and coaches (news flash - CKE isn't the only good recruiter in basketball), many of whom had previously been actively involved in recruiting these kids for years. (you know, like CKE was with D'Shawn Schwartz)

But hey, you probably know more about this than CKE does, so keep ripping the kid EXACTLY as English specifically asked fans not to do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.