Welcome Kim English

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPgmuswim

Starter
If we were to ever having a coach's show, I think Petey would be a great candidate to host it. He has great knowledge of Mason basketball, the A10 and the entire college hoops landscape. He also has a very conversational interview style, which is a lot harder to pull off than some might think. He would have to start using his real name, which might be a dealbreaker since he's seems to prefer hiding behind his alter ego's persona.
I agree, I loved the interview. Had I been giving it I’m afraid I wouldn’t have been able to not make a couple sarcastic comments or jabs about the former coach when it came to recruiting, scheduling, and accountability.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If we were to ever having a coach's show, I think Petey would be a great candidate to host it. He has great knowledge of Mason basketball, the A10 and the entire college hoops landscape. He also has a very conversational interview style, which is a lot harder to pull off than some might think. He would have to start using his real name, which might be a dealbreaker since he's seems to prefer hiding behind his alter ego's persona.
His full name is actually Peter O’Mulligan Buckets. Of the Northampton Buckets. His grandfather was a bucket Tycoon. He cornered the entire bucket market and was a hero in the great Bucket shortage of 1911.

Herndon

All-Conference
way this contract is written screams to me that Mason is not messing around with English as a coach and has high expectations (as they should). Between the amount of guaranteed compensation, the types of bonuses, etc, they are not looking to finish 7th and be okay with it.

Still can't believe the commitment I am seeing.
Commitment =/= demands. I see that they are placing high demands upon him. I'm curious to see what additional tools they plan to provide him that they did not provide to Paulsen.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Commitment =/= demands. I see that they are placing high demands upon him. I'm curious to see what additional tools they plan to provide him that they did not provide to Paulsen.

it’s a good point. I suspect the basketball budget will be increased to support the demands and commitment. I’m sure Dr W will be supporting that.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
They’re paying him $225k a year more to start ...

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Demands from school are probably the same. KE replied, well if you want to win, this and this is needed.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Did CKE forget his Facebook password. Says he still works for UT.

Last edited:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I’m not sure how much more they are going to give him. Thing Edwards says he added to the program since joining the A10:

1) dedicated practice facility
2) dedicated strength and conditioning team
3) charter flights for longer trips
4) increased recruiting budget
5) locker room renovation
6) graduate assistant positions (I wouldn’t sneeze at this, when I was a GA my total compensation was around 48k a year between tuition, stipend, and insurance).

Things he wants to focus on going forward:

1) Phase II of the practice facility
2) EBA

I’d be curious to see what the assistants are getting paid.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I’m not sure how much more they are going to give him. Thing Edwards says he added to the program since joining the A10:

6) graduate assistant positions (I wouldn’t sneeze at this, when I was a GA my total compensation was around 48k a year between tuition, stipend, and insurance).

2) EBA

I am down with the next two items on Edward’s list. In this area Edward’s has done well.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

2) EBA

The assistants pool has also increased, which is obviously critical to being able to hire a quality staff. The HC can’t do everything even when he’s a f*cking rock star.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
We could really use that lazy river around the practice facility to help...

Herndon

All-Conference
The assistants pool has also increased, which is obviously critical to being able to hire a quality staff. The HC can’t do everything even when he’s a f*cking rock star.

Speak to this, if you don't mind? Assistant coaches are HUGELY important, and rarely get talked about. How do we compare with the rest of the conference in terms of Assistant coach pay?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Speak to this, if you don't mind? Assistant coaches are HUGELY important, and rarely get talked about. How do we compare with the rest of the conference in terms of Assistant coach pay?
I don’t have specifics, just know that Brad has talked about increasing the assistant pool as one of the important program upgrades he has made. Also added the scouting and analytics position and paying for three grad assistants, which is big because when you look at programs like vcu and Dayton, they each have almost a 1:1 ratio of staff to players with all of the various support positions that handle grunt work for the 4 top coaches.

Just further proof that Mason is willing to invest and no longer is looking to do it on the cheap.

FreeGunston12

All-American
Glad to see Lamar, via twitter, giving some non-cryptic props to KE and the program.
Yes, I noticed that too after previously criticizing him. Lots to like about what KE has done so far. I'm glad the former players are on board. I'm sure it'd be easy to continue to be negative with Tony Skinn not getting the job. So thanks Lamar.

He15man

Starter
2) EBA
Due to my long-running absence from these boards, I'm not familiar with the practice facility's Phase 2 plans. And as for Eagle Bank, I think i saw something about concourse renovations or something? But where can we find those details to see what they're looking at doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.