Welcome Jamal Hartwell

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Cmon Keir its almost March...forget about love. Time to be an assassin!

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Jamal started and stepped up—great job JH-II!! I hope that him starting didn't crush Kier's confidence or ego. The move to start Hartwell was warranted and well-played by DP. Kier has been playing in a daze the last few games (I hope all is well with him, he's such a good kid). We need a fire re-lit under Kier if Mason is going to make it as a top-four contender. Hopefully, Kier can feed off of Hartwell's heat.

GMU_DCU

All-Conference
Jamal started and stepped up—great job JH-II!! I hope that him starting didn't crush Kier's confidence or ego. The move to start Hartwell was warranted and well-played by DP. Kier has been playing in a daze the last few games (I hope all is well with him, he's such a good kid). We need a fire re-lit under Kier if Mason is going to make it as a top-four contender. Hopefully, Kier can feed off of Hartwell's heat.
I hope so as well, Kier was super focused during our strong start to the A-10 season and it seems like he sort of checked out. That one play last night where he did the nice behind the back dribble to get out of a trap but then ended up being lazy after he got the ball over the stripe and turned it over. Less of that and more of Kier making his free throws and turn around jumpers in the lane.

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
That one play last night where he did the nice behind the back dribble to get out of a trap but then ended up being lazy after he got the ball over the stripe and turned it over. Less of that and more of Kier making his free throws and turn around jumpers in the lane.

Just in response to the checked out comment, Kier has always done stuff like that. He throws gorgeous passes but makes some of the most braindead turnovers you'll see. Like he gets better as the degree of difficulty on the pass goes up. Love the kid but it's just part of who he is.

Hartwell is going to be super freaking good. He'll be a liability against bigger PGs but he's electric as a playmaker.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Shocker the three star recruit shows more upside than the other 2 star recruits.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Shocker the three star recruit shows more upside than the other 2 star recruits.

He shows less promise then Luke Frampton who was unrated...

Jordan Miller was a 2 star. What does that say about him?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Mckillop is a good coach though...

What does that have to do with a freshman showing promise?

Hewitt’s freshmen showed tons of promise, too, but they generally regressed the further they went into the program.

Otis average 11 points per game his freshman season is a product of who Otis or Paulsen?

OP
S

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
What does that have to do with a freshman showing promise?

Hewitt’s freshmen showed tons of promise, too, but they generally regressed the further they went into the program.

Otis average 11 points per game his freshman season is a product of who Otis or Paulsen?
Luke frampton is doing this as like 4th option. Otis had to score or we wouldn’t win 5 games. He was thrust into that immediately (remember kam murrell was getting decent playing time)

Just shows what solid coaching can do when you already have a good team and an unheralded guy comes in and contributes right away

We are comparing different things because frampton has never had to be a top 2 player out of necessity

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Luke frampton is doing this as like 4th option. Otis had to score or we wouldn’t win 5 games. He was thrust into that immediately (remember kam murrell was getting decent playing time)

Just shows what solid coaching can do when you already have a good team and an unheralded guy comes in and contributes right away

We are comparing different things because frampton has never had to be a top 2 player out of necessity

Otis would have been the third option on that team, too. You had Shevon Thompson, Marquise Moore and Jaire Grayer on that team as well.

To say Framtpon doesn’t have to score is insane. Davidson has zero depth. They looked like trash when Grady was hurt. They would be a lower half team if JAG went down with an injury. They absolutely need him playing 30+ minutes per game and scoring line he is or they be in serious trouble.

Kyle Lofton, by the way, is another two star kid who will most likely make all-rookie.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Brajkovic, also a 2 star. So was Obadiah Toppin, So that’s 4 of 5 all-rookie A10 who will most likely be 2 stars.

Edit: make that 5 out of 5: Sincere Carry 2 stars.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
He shows less promise then Luke Frampton who was unrated...

Jordan Miller was a 2 star. What does that say about him?
Only time will tell but I think Hartwell will go down as a bettter player. He can create his own shot.

OP
S

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Otis would have been the third option on that team, too. You had Shevon Thompson, Marquise Moore and Jaire Grayer on that team as well.

To say Framtpon doesn’t have to score is insane. Davidson has zero depth. They looked like trash when Grady was hurt. They would be a lower half team if JAG went down with an injury. They absolutely need him playing 30+ minutes per game and scoring line he is or they be in serious trouble.

Kyle Lofton, by the way, is another two star kid who will most likely make all-rookie.
And the Bonnie’s have a good coach. It’s proven. That is my point lol. Good coaches and make 2 stars something paulsen cannot. That’s the point

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
And the Bonnie’s have a good coach. It’s proven. That is my point lol. Good coaches and make 2 stars something paulsen cannot. That’s the point

I guess DP had nothing to do with taking Muscala from barely recruited to Patriot League player of the year to NBA rotation player?

He’s widely respected as a good coach by people who know a lot more about college basketball than any of us. Continuing to argue that he’s not will only make you look dumb.

OP
S

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I guess DP had nothing to do with taking Muscala from barely recruited to Patriot League player of the year to NBA rotation player?

He’s widely respected as a good coach by people who know a lot more about college basketball than any of us. Continuing to argue that he’s not will only make you look dumb.
Jim please do not call anyone here dumb (not a great look for you Mr. stellar big men)... D3 championship is nowhere near what Bona coach has done for that program so do not compare the two. Also coach G from Lasalle who got fired last year has BJ Johnson in NBA... Coach G was a horrible coach and Johnson was a 2 star.... Wantanabe is in the NBA and Coach L was bleh and MOJO might be the worst D1 coach out there. Was the current Bucknell coach on Paulsen's staff? (honest question for the guy who knows more about Paulsen than even Paulsen himself)