Welcome Jamal Hartwell

masonjoe

Starter
I just also want to stress how good his Compton magic aau team is. They are a top 5-10 team in the country and he was their starting point guard. Got dudes playing PAC 12 and Acc on it

He's listed on the "CM" team and not the U17 Elite team.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Wonder if this means we get into Maui Invitational in next few years and or west coast games...gonzaga, ucla, st marys would be cool. Oregon.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I know that everyone on here that follows recruiting is highly interested in the prospect of adding Burton to this class; as you should be, however I just wanted to reiterate that this was an excellent commitment to receive, and it shouldn't be overlooked. Hartwell is very quick, a really really good shooter, and from all the tape i've watched on him (highlights and game film) looks like a true floor general. People can say what they want about size, but Hartwell is the same height as Tre Wood, with similar quickness and better shooting ability. Getting an heir-apparent to Otis was a must in this class in my opinion, along with adding as much shooting as possible. The staff got that done.

Last edited:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I concur. He looks very similar to Otis from what I’ve seen. And the luxury we have is he will have a chance to grow into that role and not be shoved into it because we have no one else.

Added bonus, as a sophomore, he’s going to have a senior ball handler to play alongside, so he won’t have to “do everything” the way Otis has through much of his career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I know that everyone on here that follows recruiting is highly interested in the prospect of adding Burton to this class; as you should be, however I just wanted to reiterate that this was an excellent commitment to receive, and it shouldn't be overlooked. Hartwell is very quick, a really really good shooter, and from all the tape i've watched on him (highlights and game film) looks like a true floor general. People can say what they want about size, but Hartwell is the same height as Tre Wood, with similar quickness and better shooting ability. Getting an heir-apparent to Otis was a must in this class in my opinion, along with adding as much shooting as possible. The staff got that done.

upload_2018-4-9_11-31-15.png

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Hopefully, this guy can play and, if he can, G Mas can hold on to him and not lose him back to the left coast.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Jamal has signed his NLI.

http://gomason.com/news/2018/4/11/j...nli-to-compete-for-mason-mens-basketball.aspx

Coach Paulsen:
"We're excited to welcome Jamal to the Mason Family," Paulsen said. "He is a pure point guard who has the ability to handle the ball against pressure, attack in transition, or run a half court offense. He creates for others but also is a dynamic scorer in his own right. We can't wait to get started working with Jamal."

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Hopefully, this guy can play and, if he can, G Mas can hold on to him and not lose him back to the left coast.

You've gone from Captain Obvious to General or Admiral Obvious. What school has ever recruited someone saying "Hopefully this kid sucks and can't play at all and, if he can, maybe we can still lose him to a school closer to his home"