Welcome Jamal Hartwell

OP
S

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I didn't think he would get very many minutes this year and he was almost an afterthought. I was all in on the JD-S train. Reason #634 why I am not a college basketball coach.

I feel a lot better about the program after Otis leaves with Jamal back.
Still time on that one... we are going to need a high volume shooter... he needs to gain bulk and learn how to play defense and JDS will be primed for a great sophomore year... kid is going to be good

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Still time on that one... we are going to need a high volume shooter... he needs to gain bulk and learn how to play defense and JDS will be primed for a great sophomore year... kid is going to be good

No question - didn't mean it to sound like I was giving up on JD-S, just thought he would be the one more ready to play coming in.

OP
S

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
No question - didn't mean it to sound like I was giving up on JD-S, just thought he would be the one more ready to play coming in.
Hartwell undoubtedly has played against better competition both in high school and AAU than JDS... JDS will catch up to playing with the big boys though... needs some confidence.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023

Agreed. Let's also not forget that Otis also takes more shots than anybody else on the team, so there will be plenty of opportunities to go around next year for all of our guards (including Hartwell and JDS).

For some perspective, Otis has taken 178 shots from the floor (almost 12 per game), which is 22 more than Kier, 82 more than Greene, 94 more than Boyd and 112 more than Mar. Not only will those opportunities be spread around, but I imagine we will have several more possessions per game with a pass-first PG running the offense.

Last edited:

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Any word on Hartwell after that horrendous fall that he took? I hope he's not going to be sitting on Calixte's lap on Wednesday when Richmond comes town. If Hartwell is out then we're down to seven healthy bodies + walk-ons. Maybe Paulsen can pick up a couple of journeyman free-agents off the waiver wire?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
They asked about Jamal, but no information about whether or not concussion protocol held him out the rest of the night.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It can't have been too bad, or he wouldn't have been allowed back on the bench so quickly.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
That's our stellar starting PG next year! Right Jim?!!

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This kid gave a huge lift to the team last night, shutting Gilyard down, and shooting from deep. Love what he brings to the table. Reminds me of a polished Corey Edwards. Can’t wait to see how he develops.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I was just wondering the same thing. Maybe not enough room on the court with Ian back in the line up?

That’s probably what it was, just not enough minutes to go around. Plus hartwell was taking a lot of minutes at the 2 as well.