Welcome Coach Tony Skinn!

nzhoops

Walk-On
They had Tony Skinn on 980 at 3:30 p.m. EST today. Nothing all that new to report as the questions were fairly general about the program. Only thing of interest to me was that during his time in Houston, he mentioned he did not have much time to really watch the games. Instead, he was actively talking around and in the process of assembling his staff.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I don’t think you could legally ask AD staff to be operating the collective’s operations. Hiring a staff would most likely have to come out of the collective’s revenue (aka donations).

From what I can see, the AD has its own thing going helping athletes find NIL opportunities called PhenomeNIL: https://express.adobe.com/page/AUAlG9a1IfOZF/

Whether or not they’ve got a dedicated staff on this project or how successful it has been in helping student-athletes find NIL deals (or do any of the other stuff it says it does) I’ve got no clue.
I don't think the AD necessarily has to run it from an operations standpoint, but at a bare minimum, they should be utilizing their platforms to amplify the Collectives' message. They should be driving awareness and engagement, similar to what Providence did when they announced the hiring of Kim. Capitalize on a big moment where you already have the attention of your fanbase.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Introduction of Tony Skinn will be on Monday at noon at EBA.

Reception for Patriot Club members and season ticket holders afterwards.

Will be live-streamed on gomason.com
22d798cb841d50661ff0697d_1220x686.JPG
FAIRFAX, Va. George Mason University will introduce new men’s basketball head coach Tony Skinn in a welcome event on Monday, April 10 inside EagleBank Arena.
The event is open to the public and will begin at 12 p.m. inside EagleBank Arena. The program will feature remarks from George Mason University President Gregory Washington, Interim Athletic Director Nena Rogers and Head Coach Tony Skinn. Following the event, Coach Skinn will be available for interviews with media.
In addition, a reception will be held in the Green Room for Patriot Club members and season ticket holders. Free parking for the event is available in Lot L and all attendees can enter through the EagleBank Arena South Entrance. Doors will open at 11:30 a.m.
A live stream of the program also will be available via GoMason.com.

FlPatriot

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
They had Tony Skinn on 980 at 3:30 p.m. EST today. Nothing all that new to report as the questions were fairly general about the program. Only thing of interest to me was that during his time in Houston, he mentioned he did not have much time to really watch the games. Instead, he was actively talking around and in the process of assembling his staff.
Excellent! Good to know he’s got his priorities straight. Here’s hoping he’s watching the National final from the sidelines in five years.

Last edited:

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Not to piss in the cereal bowl, and I love lamar and what he would bring to the table, but the jump from high school assistant to assistant at an A10 school is absolutely massive. I hope he comes on staff, but in a player development or DOBO type role. We really need someone with HC experience on the staff. Tony was a somewhat risky hire in itself, need to surround him with at least some sort of experience at this level to help guide him through some of the tougher aspects of the job. I’ll withhold judgment until the staff is fully fleshed out.

Not to piss in the cereal bowl, and I love lamar and what he would bring to the table, but the jump from high school assistant to assistant at an A10 school is absolutely massive. I hope he comes on staff, but in a player development or DOBO type role. We really need someone with HC experience on the staff. Tony was a somewhat risky hire in itself, need to surround him with at least some sort of experience at this level to help guide him through some of the tougher aspects of the job. I’ll withhold judgment until the staff is fully fleshed out.
Lamar as DOBO would be perfect. As assistant numero 3... not so sure

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Can he still coach at pvi if he is dobo? The money gotta work for him to leave his present job(s). Certainly does as an AC.

Edit: per his Twitter he knows nothing and sources are wrong. But would be thrilled.

Last edited:

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
The No. 1 assistant will bring plenty of experience in that regard. If Lamar is on staff it’s because he can get us dudes plain and simple.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Lamar is publicly denying the samurai dojo tweet, saying it would be great - but is inaccurate.
Someone else is tweeting this out now and By George retweeted: View: https://mobile.twitter.com/TheCP_Hoops/status/1643038413019557890