Welcome Coach Tony Skinn!

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Getting Curran. Does this mean we are spending some bigger money? After all, right now, St. B is the better gig.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Curran is a GREAT hire. I can't stress that enough. Someone who knows the A10, someone who had to somehow sell Olean NY etc etc.

Couldn't ask for much more.
Gotta wonder what’s going on with Schmidt, perhaps he has let it be known internally that he’s not gonna be coaching much longer. Or maybe Mason just threw so much money at Curran that he couldn’t say no.

Whatever the case, hiring the associate out from under the A-10’s most respected HC is a major effing coup … and completely unlike anything Mason has done in more than a decade. Bravo!

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I have to say if Mason didn't fumble with Kim and come in at the 11th hour, he would have received what he asked for. Whether he stays or not, we'll never know.

That said, onward and upward. I think Tony put together a fantastic staff and Curran is a really excellent get. All those Bonaventure players that have tortured us for years (Welch, Adams, Lofton etc) are due to his connections with Putnam Academy.

Buckle up, because the talent is going to start coming in. Kim set the bar high, and I have to think Tony might somehow exceed that bar with the staff he is bringing in.

KAOriginal

All-American
I have to say if Mason didn't fumble with Kim and come in at the 11th hour, he would have received what he asked for. Whether he stays or not, we'll never know.
Kim English is a "silver spoon" coach.
He played for a big program. He played in the NBA. He assisted at big programs.
HUGE INVESTMENTS behind the scenes of those operations.
Accepting being at a lowly Mason was just to get his HC stripes for the shortest possible term.
He was not meant for Mason, cause we could never meet those expectations.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Kim English is a "silver spoon" coach.
He played for a big program. He played in the NBA. He assisted at big programs.
HUGE INVESTMENTS behind the scenes of those operations.
Accepting being at a lowly Mason was just to get his HC stripes for the shortest possible term.
He was not meant for Mason, cause we could never meet those expectations.
1000% agree with this.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
does this give Mason 3 Asst Coaches - all with Associate Head Coach experience?

He15man

Starter
Great staff. Really impressive haul, esp (as others have stated) Curran. I'm sure Tony backed up the Brinks truck for him to make a lateral move like this. Or, Tony's relationship building with colleagues and recruits really is THAT legit and Curran wanted to work with him. Either way... i'm optimistic for what this means to the program and our recruiting.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
So, our WAY TOO EARLY, GETTING WAY AHEAD OF OURSELVES FANTASY line-up for 2023-24. I'm bored, what the heck.... In no order.... LOL

1- Dinkins and Marsh
2 - Maddox & Polite
3 - Cornish and Hall
4 - Yalaho & Ticket (Sees the talent and comes running home)
5 - Henry and Onyenso

I blame the TBD wine from @gmutom.

GMU1983

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This was on twitter last night from Tony what does this mean - Kevin Willard Coaching
1f332.svg
1f440.svg