Poll Vote of Confidence: Paul Hewitt (1/18)

Do you have confidence in Paul Hewitt as Head Coach of the Patriots at this time?

• Yes.

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • No.

Votes: 26 65.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Same question, a week later - after losing a close one to #16 UMass and in OT @ Rhode Island.

Do you have confidence in Paul Hewitt? Has your opinion changed after two competitive games?

GMUSig03

All-Conference
Compared to right before the vcu game I actually have a lot more confidence in PHewitt. I think he still does a lot of questionable things (time outs and substituting mostly), but I think it's becoming clearer and clearer that these players are mentally deficient and are the primary cause of our struggles.

I fine with a semi-retarded individual leading a bunch of retarded individuals.

Look I have relatives with special needs, so I hope I'm not offending anyone, but all I can say is "retarded" right now. It's the only word that fits.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
The more I watch this team, the less I put it on Hewitt and the more I put it on the Coach L recruits.

He should be given an extension for having to coach some of these guys.

This is an EXTREMELY fair assessment.

Actually, I do find it insulting that you continue to call these young men retarded.
And to lump them all together is just not right. Jenkins, Holloway and Marko played well today and you are not out there running up and down the court for 30 to 40 minutes trying your best.... as I know they all are.
It really ticks me off that all of you feel so comfortable to use words like retard and the new one for today is the color guy. And if you really have relatives who are individuals with disabilities.....well I just feel sorry for them, but I feel more sorry for you!

You of course realize that color guy is a legitimate media term for anyone white or black. If you do not, you are either a brilliant parody or one of the players' moms.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

That was a good article. I wondered if GMU should have just thrown the ball in the backcourt at the end of the UMass game. It troubles me that Hewitt was suggesting it as a strategy the next day in practice, but apparently didn't just tell them to do it during the game. I know we didn't have a timeout, but seems like he could have just yelled it to the team.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Past two games weren't on Hewitt totally. These guys are LD. But he's LD too for making his LD kids look LD on the court. Change the offensive scheme or make it a point the ball enters the post to Jenkins, Copes etc. The longer we wait for a stud PG, the longer this pitty party continues.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Honestly Hewitt doesn't bother me so much, but I really wish he would hire an assistant or two that would make up for his shortcomings. I think the players like him, I think he's a likeable guy, he just can't do it all himself. He's like a half-coach.

Anyway I wouldn't shed a tear if he was fired, but if we keep him some changes have to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.