News Tracking Official Adidas / Other Gear

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Tom Landry is turning in his grave.
Tex Schramm told a story about how Landry didnt care for the new cheerleaders the team was going to create, the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. Tex told Landry that he was trying to make money (sex sells) and turned on Debbie Does Dallas. Tom turned around walked out right out the office door.

FreeGunston12

All-American
Can we talk about how spectacular this year's uniforms are, and how quickly I have come to hope that it is our permanent look? The alternating stripes on the collar/arms and side are just super sharp.

This is beyond a shadow of a doubt my favorite uniform set that Mason has ever had
Am I correct in remembering that there is no alternate yellow / black / whatever this year?

FreeGunston12

All-American
No alternate and I don’t expect us to have one as long as Paulsen is our coach.
I understand the “approach every game the same” philosophy if that’s what it is. But I did enjoy the mix in of the gold every once in a while for seemingly big games. And although clichéd, the black from a couple of years ago was probably my favorite alternate jersey. The potential for a “burn your boats” alternate has a certain appeal to it, no?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I understand the “approach every game the same” philosophy if that’s what it is. But I did enjoy the mix in of the gold every once in a while for seemingly big games. And although clichéd, the black from a couple of years ago was probably my favorite alternate jersey. The potential for a “burn your boats” alternate has a certain appeal to it, no?

I loved the gold alternates and hated the cursed black ones, but Dave is old school. I really don’t care what we wear as long as we win.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I’ll be extremely disappointed if we don’t have an alternate retro 80’s jersey next year to commemorate the 88’-89’ team. Those jerseys were so nice!

image_handler.aspx

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Nice dose of perspective on how far our program has come in less than 30 years.

Our current team has a losing record and I'm reasonably confident it would take that 1988-89 team to the woodshed.

(Of course Kenny Sanders would still get 25 points and 15 rebounds against us. He was a monster.)

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I’m assuming that Adidas will be coming out with their tournament slogan and will be sending out the shirts to teams soon. Last year was Create Yours. Wondering what this year’s shirt will be?

ian-boyd-kameron-murrell-karmari-newman-and-the-rest-of-the-george-picture-id651019558

Oh, and I’m still pissed that nobody wanted one of these - the long sleeve green shirts the guys had on last night were nice!

mason_basketball_adidas.png