Shevon Thompson 6'11 Center Signs with GMU!

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Thompson and Hewitt were both born in Jamaica. I'm sure that helped. :)

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Am I reading correctly that he shot 72% last season? Does that mean that we might finally have someone who can finish at the rim? :crazyeyes:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I wonder if this means they're thinking of red-shirting Porter?

Now the million dollar question: what is Hewitt planning on doing at the 2 and 3 positions?

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
I wonder if this means they're thinking of red-shirting Porter?

Now the million dollar question: what is Hewitt planning on doing at the 2 and 3 positions?

Hewitt has said Lockett And Mayimba are the replacements for BA and Wright.

smccart5

Starter
Seems pretty exciting. Can't wait to see a whole new team next season. Hoping at least 2 of these guys can contribute right away

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Wow, Hewitt really is a magician on the recruiting trail.

ODU wanted him bad and had a vacancy at the 5 spot. Thompson could've walked in there and started from Day 1.

But despite Hewitt's tenuous employment status and the fact that we finished last in the A-10 last season, he still convinced a 7-foot kid to come to Mason and compete for a starting job with a rising senior whose uncle is an assistant coach.

F-ing unbelievable. At some point, I'm gonna kidnap Hewitt and take him to Alaska so I can watch him sell ice to Eskimos.

Oh yeah, welcome to Mason, Shevon! Gonna be nice to have a 7-foot shot blocker in the middle when those A-10 guards start running the layup line against us.

emjayar08

Sixth Man
It sure was hard to find a video of him. Quite the "Mystery Mon"

@16:00 mark:
edit:nice putback over a little guy @35:00
edit2:we've got ourselves a southpaw!

Last edited by a moderator:

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Nice get. Hopefully this guy will actually make Lay-ups and not foul out in the first half

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
We'll deff. have some height next season w/five players 6'8" or taller in Copes, Gujanicic, Royal, Porter & Thompson.

The good - Harcum seems to be legit for a NJCAA program. Made it to the NJCAA Div 1 semi-finals/Final Four and had a #1 ranking at one point during the year for Juco teams. Not surprisingly, Shevon was a defensive force under the basket averaging 11.2 rebounds and 1.1 blocks per game.

The concerning - He only averaged 18.2 minutes (5th on the team) and might not be the best at passing out of the post with a ratio of 50 turnovers to 7 assists on the season.
http://stats.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2013-14/div1/teams/harcumcollege?view=lineup&r=0&pos=st

Hope springs anew...nice get. If he can stabilize things down low where Copes has so far failed it will help things a lot.

Very interested to see how big we go next year and how much zone we play.

I don't think Hewitt knows, unknown on who can step up their game.