Predictions - Lindy's College Basketball Magazine

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
With ALL of the transfers across the college ranks I'm going to wait until March ;) to give you my picks. It's a total crapshoot this year in every league. I will say that your top two look solid and reasonable.

Haha those are the easy ones to pick! It'll be interesting to see if Richmond actually finishes in the top like they are predicted in what it seems almost yearly.

Without knowing all I want about each team here you go

Bona
Richmond
SLU
Dayton
Rhode Island (surprise pick)
vcu
Davidson
Mason
Lasalle
UMASS
Duquesne
GW
Joes
Fordham

Interesting you put Rhode Island so high up. Cox has continued to recruit well but hasn't really impressed over his 3 years as head coach, only 4 games over .500 in conference. I'm not sure how they will be without Fatts Russell.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Haha those are the easy ones to pick! It'll be interesting to see if Richmond actually finishes in the top like they are predicted in what it seems almost yearly.

Interesting you put Rhode Island so high up. Cox has continued to recruit well but hasn't really impressed over his 3 years as head coach, only 4 games over .500 in conference. I'm not sure how they will be without Fatts Russell.
I think Makhi Mitchell is poised for a huge year and I think Fatts made them pretty bad last year... I also personally love Antwan Walker as a player. They are my surprise team of the year

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Anybody hearing rumblings about St. Louis moving to the Big East?

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
online is talking about St Louis, Dayton and Wichita St to the Big East... makes sense for all of them...

woof.... Big losses if so. So who replaces? Geography, conference strength and football make the most likely targets Patriot, MAAC, CAA, or AE Targets.

Evansville, Ohio, Toledo, or Murray State keeps the footprint extending out to the Midwest.
Winthrop, Furman, or Wright State builds to the South.
Drexel, Boston, Vermont, or Manhattan adds to the NE core.

2020-Atlantic-10-Conference-Map.png

Edit:

Another thought, does it matter that the two schools leaving are private schools? Currently the A10 has twice as many private schools (9) as public (4) and is the desire to keep the ratio, even it out, or doesn't matter?

Last edited:

FreeGunston12

All-American
woof.... Big losses if so. So who replaces? Geography, conference strength and football make the most likely targets Patriot, MAAC, CAA, or AE Targets.

Evansville, Ohio, Toledo, or Murray State keeps the footprint extending out to the Midwest.
Winthrop, Furman, or Wright State builds to the South.
Drexel, Boston, Vermont, or Manhattan adds to the NE core.

2020-Atlantic-10-Conference-Map.png

Edit:

Another thought, does it matter that the two schools leaving are private schools? Currently the A10 has twice as many private schools (9) as public (4) and is the desire to keep the ratio, even it out, or doesn't matter?
Loyola (Chicago) and Belmont .

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
KenPom opener has us at 212 below the likes of Lasalle and St Joe's... We are all excited and will vastly outperform this... but temper yourselves

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
KenPom opener has us at 212 below the likes of Lasalle and St Joe's... We are all excited and will vastly outperform this... but temper yourselves

That is probably fair given all the changes we have had since last season - coaches, players, etc. However, seeing what we have now - I would expect us to finish higher.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Totally get why Mason is ranked where they are, but I’m slightly confused why St joes is ranked higher. I don’t get how or why a coach who has lost such a high percentage of games gets ranked better. I guess it’s because of all the change but still. I’m sure Mason will outperform it but expecting anything more than a 10-8 conf record (and that might be a stretch) is crazy.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Totally get why Mason is ranked where they are, but I’m slightly confused why St joes is ranked higher. I don’t get how or why a coach who has lost such a high percentage of games gets ranked better. I guess it’s because of all the change but still. I’m sure Mason will outperform it but expecting anything more than a 10-8 conf record (and that might be a stretch) is crazy.
Agreed. I am not really not going to try to analyze where this team is going until I see 1-2 games.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Lasalle kept Brickus and the big man and UMASS kept their good guards. We kept mostly crap and brought in good transfers. Not sure the algorithm keeps up
With that. We will 100% be top 175 this season. No doubt in my mind even in the worst case scenarios.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Lasalle kept Brickus and the big man and UMASS kept their good guards. We kept mostly crap and brought in good transfers. Not sure the algorithm keeps up
With that. We will 100% be top 175 this season. No doubt in my mind even in the worst case scenarios.
I wouldn’t say we kept mostly crap - KE was able to hold some key pieces .