Predictions - Lindy's College Basketball Magazine

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Could be. But it feels like there would be chatter or a leak if that happened.

Also, was just about to post that Temple should just dump the albatross of football and then Rothstein poisons that well with a tweet.
the St Louis beat reporter said it is a facilities thing...

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Having been Chaifetz Arena many times - it can't be to upgrade their arena. It's beautiful as is. It's a mini Capital One Arena. Their baseball/softball complex is very nice, but the stands are on the small side. Their soccer stadium is also very nice - a little older, but it's brick bleachers. I can't imagine it's for any of the things I mentioned.

I have no idea what their practice court is like - maybe that's what they will be announcing... but I would say basketball, baseball, and soccer is all better than what we have.

Dawgs99

Starter
I hope whenever they announce the RAC addition they do it up right, don't cut corners.....make it first class.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I hope whenever they announce the RAC addition they do it up right, don't cut corners.....make it first class.

Supposed to be $15.5 million, but if they were smart they'd market it by adding all of the RAC costs up together (which would be closer to $40 million total after all is said and done).

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I watched CKE interview from media day today. Nothing groundbreaking but I did like that he continues to talk about how the team will be known for its toughness on defense and how hard everyone works.

As much as he talks in coach speak, its a little different. Hard to describe. I'm not sure exactly what to expect this season but if they finish around 8th like the league predicted, I'd take it.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I watched CKE interview from media day today. Nothing groundbreaking but I did like that he continues to talk about how the team will be known for its toughness on defense and how hard everyone works.

As much as he talks in coach speak, its a little different. Hard to describe. I'm not sure exactly what to expect this season but if they finish around 8th like the league predicted, I'd take it.
8th is usually right around .500. 10 - 8 in year one would be a decent start.

Last edited:

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
8th is usually right around .500. 10 - 8 in year one would be a decent start.
I'd take it and be very satisfied. We're a bit top-heavy in the scheduling w/ 8 games against the Top 4 teams (St. Bona, Rich., St. Louis, vcu) vs. 6 games against the bottom 4 (St. Joe, Duq., La Sal, GW).

Although I think you could make a real solid argument now for putting Dayton & Davidson ahead of vcu in the preseason polls after the injuries they've had.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'd take it and be very satisfied. We're a bit top-heavy in the scheduling w/ 8 games against the Top 4 teams (St. Bona, Rich., St. Louis, vcu) vs. 6 games against the bottom 4 (St. Joe, Duq., La Sal, GW).

Although I think you could make a real solid argument now for putting Dayton & Davidson ahead of vcu in the preseason polls after the injuries they've had.

SLU may have also lost Perkins for awhile too.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Sports Illustrated: Ranking All the Teams

Spoiler - George Mason at #107

"23. St. Bonaventure (1st in Atlantic 10): The Bonnies had five double-digit scorers last season and bring back all of them—as seniors. One of them, point guard Kyle Lofton, played a higher percentage of minutes (96%) than anyone in the country in 2020–21.

46. Richmond (2nd in A-10)

67. Dayton (3rd in A-10)

83. vcu (4th in A-10)

93. Davidson (5th in A-10)

95. Saint Louis (6th in A-10)

107. George Mason (7th in A-10)

118. Rhode Island (8th in A-10)

135. UMass (9th in A-10)

158. Duquesne (10th in A-10)

172. George Washington (11th in A-10)

186. Saint Joseph's (12th in A-10)

203. La Salle (13th in A-10)