Predictions - Lindy's College Basketball Magazine

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Lasalle kept Brickus and the big man and UMASS kept their good guards. We kept mostly crap and brought in good transfers. Not sure the algorithm keeps up
With that. We will 100% be top 175 this season. No doubt in my mind even in the worst case scenarios.
I mean other than Oduro, mason kept Hartwell Frazier Polite Johnson and Henry. I don’t disagree that on paper behind Oduro and hartwell there isn’t much there. There were glimpses from Frazier and polite, and even Johnson to a degree but their outputs weren’t great.

i just find it interesting that with the entire league of unknowns the algorithm placed Mason so low and didn’t consider the transfers. But it’s all moot anyway until teams hit the floor and I do agree they’ll be better than 212 this year.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Lasalle kept Brickus and the big man and UMASS kept their good guards. We kept mostly crap and brought in good transfers. Not sure the algorithm keeps up
With that. We will 100% be top 175 this season. No doubt in my mind even in the worst case scenarios.

Yeah, but they also lost to Mason by something like a combined 60 points last season (and they lost the one player who actually did anything in either of those games — Brickus had a total of 7 points in two games by the way). Can’t imagine keeping Brickus is going to turn that around THAT much.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The A10 old guard want Temple back. That would be a coup. Loyola Chicago yes. Vermont as a third, but worried about their ability to scale up long-term.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The A10 old guard want Temple back. That would be a coup. Loyola Chicago yes. Vermont as a third, but worried about their ability to scale up long-term.
Temple coming back would be a steal. Completely agree on Loyola Chicago too, if St Louis sticks around would be good to have a little bit more in the Midwest, and since Chicago is such a massive hub it shouldn’t be a huge increase in travel costs for teams that aren’t flying private every game.

Belmont would be a good fit. Would love to see ODU as well but will never happen with their football investment. Can’t see a scenario where Vermont could consistently compete in the A10, but then again we have hardly consistently competed since we made the jump either.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Temple coming back would be a steal. Completely agree on Loyola Chicago too, if St Louis sticks around would be good to have a little bit more in the Midwest, and since Chicago is such a massive hub it shouldn’t be a huge increase in travel costs for teams that aren’t flying private every game.

Belmont would be a good fit. Would love to see ODU as well but will never happen with their football investment. Can’t see a scenario where Vermont could consistently compete in the A10, but then again we have hardly consistently competed since we made the jump either.
the second vermont's coach retires they die

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

How would Temple's football program fit into that scenario?

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I get the kenpom ranking. It's an algorithm with no manual adjustment. We have exactly three players the algo should care about with Oduro, Cooper, and Schwartz, and none of them were the best player on their team last year. Behind that, from a metrics perspective, we have a bunch of roster filler.

It's been a while since I read up on kenpom's methodology but I believe he'll tell you his preseason rankings are more of a thought exercise than an actual prediction.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
How would Temple's football program fit into that scenario?

It wouldn't. It's a deal-breaker.

Cincinnati, Houston, UCF, USF, and Memphis have all recently shown(ing) you can be a top 25 program in the AAC. They're not going to bail on that for a lateral move in basketball. Even after the Big12 comes in and robs them blind.

GreenLantern

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Rothstein top 45

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein

·
48s

If Temple stays in the AAC, the demise of its once proud basketball program is inevitable. Owls need to emulate UConn's model and go ALL-IN on hoops and head back to the Atlantic 10. FWIW: Football has been outscored 140-20 in games this season vs. Rutgers, BC, and Cincinnati.

Quote Tweet

YTz0-AxN_normal.jpg

Pete Thamel

@PeteThamel
· 31m

Sources: The American Athletic Conference is expected examine expansion this week, with six schools expected to send applications. The AAC is expected to receive an application from – FAU, Charlotte, North Texas, UTSA, Rice and UAB this week. 1/2

"The public is invited to Chaifetz Arena on Tuesday, Oct. 19, at 2 p.m. for a major announcement regarding the future of Billiken Athletics."

ephoops

Starter

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein

·
48s

If Temple stays in the AAC, the demise of its once proud basketball program is inevitable. Owls need to emulate UConn's model and go ALL-IN on hoops and head back to the Atlantic 10. FWIW: Football has been outscored 140-20 in games this season vs. Rutgers, BC, and Cincinnati.

Quote Tweet

YTz0-AxN_normal.jpg

Pete Thamel

@PeteThamel
· 31m

Sources: The American Athletic Conference is expected examine expansion this week, with six schools expected to send applications. The AAC is expected to receive an application from – FAU, Charlotte, North Texas, UTSA, Rice and UAB this week. 1/2

"The public is invited to Chaifetz Arena on Tuesday, Oct. 19, at 2 p.m. for a major announcement regarding the future of Billiken Athletics."
St. Louis to the Big East??

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
St. Louis to the Big East??
Could be. But it feels like there would be chatter or a leak if that happened.

Also, was just about to post that Temple should just dump the albatross of football and then Rothstein poisons that well with a tweet.