Predictions - Lindy's College Basketball Magazine

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
We averaged 71.6 last year with DP's hand off and lob over the top offense. I'm assuming we get at least that much this year only with better D. IMO Oduro, Cooper, and Schwartz will all average between 12 and 15 ppg. Gaines, in my outlier prediction, will average between 8 and 10. There is roughly 50 points per night. Polite 8 and Hartwell 7 gets us to around 65. The rest of the bench throws in a few and we average a similar number. If we give up 65 instead of the 70.1 we did last year we win some extra games. Captain Obvious states that if you outscore your opponent you win. ;)

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
L was still playing with two traditional bigs, though. Jones will be on the perimeter in English’s offense whether he is the “3” or “4.” He might get pushed around defensively guarding 4s on the other side.

Seems like they’re planning on Frazier being everyone’s backup right now.
That’d be my only concern (having never seen him play a single second of live college basketball). I have no doubt offensively he’ll develop into either position, but unless he bulks up a decent amount he’d get pushed around by a lot of the more traditional 4s in the A10.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
That’d be my only concern (having never seen him play a single second of live college basketball). I have no doubt offensively he’ll develop into either position, but unless he bulks up a decent amount he’d get pushed around by a lot of the more traditional 4s in the A10.
He will get stronger with time in the weight room. The bigger issue IMHO is Blake trying to stay in front of athletic wings at
6-9 … I just don’t see being able to play him at the 3 on defense. It will be interesting to see how he develops.

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
McKillop seems to find a way — Brajkovic is Davidson’s 5 and he is like 205 pounds soaking wet.

The 4 is a perimeter position for most teams now and Blake will be a perfect fit as he gains strength. Hopefully he isn’t gonna be guarding A-10 wings because that would be a bad deal for him and us.

Blake's tape is prototype stretch 4/5 stuff. Calling him a 3 is quite a take.

English has said he's a developmental player since Day 1. Any meaningful minutes he gets this year are a bonus. He needs the year to bulk up and get used to D1 speed.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Arguing over whether one of our new players who've yet to see play fits into the definitions of a Stretch 4 or 3? Yep, it's definitely nearing the end of the off-season and running low on new topics to discuss! :D

For whatever it's worth, here's an Bleacher Report page on "Best Stretch Forwards in the NBA"
Kevin Durant, Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Love, Ryan Anderson, Chris Bosh, Kevin Garnett

And here's an ESPN page on the best NBA Small Forwards ever
LeBron James, Larry Bird, Julius Erving, Kevin Durant, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Seriously. Really well researched and in-depth.

Also make a great point about needing to stay out of foul trouble in the front-court. Two quick ones on JO could be the difference between a W and an L in a lot of games this season.
My first thought was, "Damn, they hit on everything Quentin put in his "devil's advocate" post."

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
We've landed on the moon!

1634063816567.png

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
A10Talk has us going 13-5 in conference.

George Mason​

Key player: Josh Oduro was the big fish that Kim English wanted to secure on day one in Fairfax, and he was successful in getting Josh to stay. Oduro’s development over the summer cannot be understated, and he has the tools to make a run at winning Atlantic 10 Player of the Year. Josh also finally has a strong supporting cast around him, with a host of transfers that include DeVon Cooper, Davonte Gaines and D’Shawn Schwartz. Jamal Hartwell II is another returner to keep an eye on, as Kim English has repeatedly stated that Hartwell has the green light to shoot from downtown 24/7. Team Expectation: This team isn’t in rebuilding mode: they’re in win NOW mode, that much is abundantly clear from watching summer practices in Fairfax. There is a level of expectation surrounding this program that I have not witnessed in quite some time. New coaches? The vast majority of the coaching staff is brand new to Mason. It all starts with Head Coach Kim English, who is attempting to lead an unprecedented turnaround in Fairfax.

Coach English brings in a strong supporting cast of coaches, including Dennis Felton who most recently served as assistant coach at Fordham. Nate Tomlinson comes to Mason from Colorado, where he served as a fellow assistant alongside Kim English two seasons ago in Boulder. Duane Simpkins is the lone returner to the coaching staff from the Dave Paulsen era at Mason. Overall outlook on the team, maybe a record prediction overall and conference? This roster is stacked with dudes which one has not been able to say of the Patriots in recent memory. We’re going to find out a lot about this team very early on, as Mason has non-conference games against Maryland, Washington, Nevada, South Dakota State, and Georgia.

Furthermore, George Mason will jump right into conference play with their opening game on the road at vcu. A key early stretch of games in January includes Richmond, Dayton, St. Bonaventure and Saint Louis, with the three latter contests being at home. If George Mason is going to be a legitimate contender in the Atlantic 10 this season, we’re going to find out very early on.

Conference Record Prediction: 13-5

-Daniel Frank, A10 Talk George Mason Contributor

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
A10Talk has us going 13-5 in conference.

George Mason​

Key player: Josh Oduro was the big fish that Kim English wanted to secure on day one in Fairfax, and he was successful in getting Josh to stay. Oduro’s development over the summer cannot be understated, and he has the tools to make a run at winning Atlantic 10 Player of the Year. Josh also finally has a strong supporting cast around him, with a host of transfers that include DeVon Cooper, Davonte Gaines and D’Shawn Schwartz. Jamal Hartwell II is another returner to keep an eye on, as Kim English has repeatedly stated that Hartwell has the green light to shoot from downtown 24/7. Team Expectation: This team isn’t in rebuilding mode: they’re in win NOW mode, that much is abundantly clear from watching summer practices in Fairfax. There is a level of expectation surrounding this program that I have not witnessed in quite some time. New coaches? The vast majority of the coaching staff is brand new to Mason. It all starts with Head Coach Kim English, who is attempting to lead an unprecedented turnaround in Fairfax.

Coach English brings in a strong supporting cast of coaches, including Dennis Felton who most recently served as assistant coach at Fordham. Nate Tomlinson comes to Mason from Colorado, where he served as a fellow assistant alongside Kim English two seasons ago in Boulder. Duane Simpkins is the lone returner to the coaching staff from the Dave Paulsen era at Mason. Overall outlook on the team, maybe a record prediction overall and conference? This roster is stacked with dudes which one has not been able to say of the Patriots in recent memory. We’re going to find out a lot about this team very early on, as Mason has non-conference games against Maryland, Washington, Nevada, South Dakota State, and Georgia.

Furthermore, George Mason will jump right into conference play with their opening game on the road at vcu. A key early stretch of games in January includes Richmond, Dayton, St. Bonaventure and Saint Louis, with the three latter contests being at home. If George Mason is going to be a legitimate contender in the Atlantic 10 this season, we’re going to find out very early on.

Conference Record Prediction: 13-5

-Daniel Frank, A10 Talk George Mason Contributor

Yeah, I would be shocked if Mason turns a 13-5 record this year. First year coach, lots of new pieces. That would mean they are really really good compared to the rest of the league. They aren't there yet but happy to be proven wrong.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Mason wasn't covered in the 201-358 ranked programs. So are we possibly in the top 200?

George Mason in at 166, behind ODU (160) and JMU (125). IMO, these "rankings" are crap. I refuse to believe JMU ends up 125.

Here's the link:

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
George Mason in at 166, behind ODU (160) and JMU (125). IMO, these "rankings" are crap. I refuse to believe JMU ends up 125.

Here's the link:

Agreed - JMU is improved over previous years -- but not to that extent. I would expect us to be low 120's.