Please Not Adidas, Please Not Adidas...

Irish44j

Sixth Man
Watching Notre Dame against Butler tonight....ND may have the ugliest uniforms in the world (the yellow ones) and then the day-glo green shoes. This by itself should make us all hope that it's "anything except Under Armour." They make some really fugly stuff.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
The uni's are the nd colors. not under armors. The shoes? just as ugly is some other brands.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Please take no offense to this:

Kids today like bright colors and being unique. It's a losing battle if we make everybody wear the same thing. Bright shoes are the thing with kids right now, whether we like it or not.

The days of having matching team shoes are over. Even Kenny Sanders had different shoes in the 1989 CAAT (he had Nike Air Revolution, while the rest of the team wore Nike Air Force III, can't find the pic).

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Please take no offense to this:

Kids today like bright colors and being unique. It's a losing battle if we make everybody wear the same thing. Bright shoes are the thing with kids right now, whether we like it or not.

The days of having matching team shoes are over. Even Kenny Sanders had different shoes in the 1989 CAAT (he had Nike Air Revolution, while the rest of the team wore Nike Air Force III, can't find the pic).

Yes, but back then you earned the right to wear different shoes.

Patriotfan49

Starter
Yes, but back then you earned the right to wear different shoes.

Nominated for old timer comment of 2015.

Like Vurbel said, these days kids want to rock kicks of their choice. If it matches the team or not, its really no big difference. If you are allowed to wear different shoes, you don't have to "earn" it. If it will help lure a kid to come here now and again, having some flashy uniforms or alternatives and great shoe options, we should be all over that.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Nominated for old timer comment of 2015.

Like Vurbel said, these days kids want to rock kicks of their choice. If it matches the team or not, its really no big difference. If you are allowed to wear different shoes, you don't have to "earn" it. If it will help lure a kid to come here now and again, having some flashy uniforms or alternatives and great shoe options, we should be all over that.

Yes, but then a lot of those kids get complained about by Lamar Butler on Twitter for not having the drive to get better....

I will also say that often times when the "players coach guy" fails, you go hard-nosed. And sometimes, an old school approach and instituting a rule like, you want to wear those day glo green Nike kicks? Well, earn them. Can work too.

Patriotfan49

Starter
Yes, but then a lot of those kids get complained about by Lamar Butler on Twitter for not having the drive to get better....

I will also say that often times when the "players coach guy" fails, you go hard-nosed. And sometimes, an old school approach and instituting a rule like, you want to wear those day glo green Nike kicks? Well, earn them. Can work too.

Lamar Butler needs to remember he is now a decent at best radio analyst. I have no idea why he is putting himself in the forefront of our program and the decisions the AD makes and feels he needs to blast it all over the internet.

Shoes and jerseys have little effect on playing the game, but it can help in recruiting. If you want to go down the "earn it" path, earn your play time. Shoes are pretty meaningless outside personal expression.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Lamar Butler needs to remember he is now a decent at best radio analyst. I have no idea why he is putting himself in the forefront of our program and the decisions the AD makes and feels he needs to blast it all over the internet.

Shoes and jerseys have little effect on playing the game, but it can help in recruiting. If you want to go down the "earn it" path, earn your play time. Shoes are pretty meaningless outside personal expression.

Lack of professional training, would be my guess. He's tweeting as a former player and not as a radio commentator.

OP
dr. gunnie

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
My guess is if the athletic department had a problem with what Lamar is tweeting, they would let him know.

Patriotfan49

Starter
My guess is if the athletic department had a problem with what Lamar is tweeting, they would let him know.

Yeah I don't think they would have a problem with it, or feel the need to talk to him about them. But just as a sth and fan, it seems off to say the least to me.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Lamar is right. This everyone gets a trophy crap needs to stop. It's the NBA's fault.

OP
dr. gunnie

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the contract said that Mason would award the athletic apparel deal the week of March 16th. It is now March 27th and still nothing.

I guess Brad likes to move slow with a lot of things, not just coaching searches. ;)

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Well, the contract said that Mason would award the athletic apparel deal the week of March 16th. It is now March 27th and still nothing.

I guess Brad likes to move slow with a lot of things, not just coaching searches. ;)

Maybe it's related to the coaching search -- i.e., we're pursuing certain coaches who are affiliated with a particular shoe company and don't want to jeopardize our chances of landing one?

OP
dr. gunnie

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Either that or the money a company is willing to pay depends on the coach we hire.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
I can understand not having this decided last month on cause of the whole coaching change thing, but it's been a month since PH has been fired. Anybody hear anything? I've heard nothing.