Please Not Adidas, Please Not Adidas...

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Notre Dame doesn't have an awful uniform made by Under Armour. Granted, this template might not even be available to us, and still isn't better IMO than lots of what Nike puts out, but I've seen worse.
54a8898a2e8b5.image.jpg

jmckend1

Starter
I was talking with a friend about this the other day, wondering why more teams don't go after PUMA as a sponsor. I think they would make some super-jazzy shit for a team like Mason.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
I was talking with a friend about this the other day, wondering why more teams don't go after PUMA as a sponsor. I think they would make some super-jazzy shit for a team like Mason.

Literal reply: Puma doesn't make any basketball stuff. I think Vince Carter was with them for a minute 15 years ago. Then they had Ralph Sampson in the 80s. Beyond that not much.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Literal reply: Puma doesn't make any basketball stuff. I think Vince Carter was with them for a minute 15 years ago. Then they had Ralph Sampson in the 80s. Beyond that not much.

Interesting corporate history between Adidas and Puma...

polepino

Starter
I remember when Stephon Marbury came out with his affordable shoes for the public...get him to give GMU his sneaks!

Harry

Starter
Doc, do you know if Nike's uniforms are Dri-FIT? I've gotten to the point where I can't do cardio or lift without a Dri-FIT shirt, because they are more comfortable and absorb sweat well.

The Dri-FIT stuff is obviously more expensive, but the good news is they are now making stuff for Mason that can be found at the bookstore (online and in person).

LARGEIMAGE_651587.jpg

SMALLIMAGE_877798.jpg
I got a cool sleeveless Under Armour dri-fit shirt at the Bookstore. On the front it says MASON, with PROTECT THIS HOUSE underneath. I proudly wear it at the gym in my building while I out-lift the young guys!

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Colorado State had BEAUTIFUL Under Armour throwbacks today. I'd take these in a SECOND to be our unis next year!

10760462.jpeg

10760510.jpeg

10760496.jpeg

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
ODU just agreed to a deal with Under Armor for football and basketball.

G M U

Starter
Came across this article that Univ. of TN switching over from Adidas to Nike.

"The University of Tennessee likely left millions of dollars on the table when it jumped from Adidas to Nike."
http://www.bizjournals.com/portland...ssee-cost-leave-adidas-for-nike.html?page=all

So it begs the question - how anti-Adidas would everyone be if it meant extra money that could be used to buy out Hewitt's contract?

They could play in potato sacks if it meant buying out Hewitt.

OP
dr. gunnie

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, but these are pretty pricey - $129 each (add $20 for 2XL and 3XL).

Who wants one?

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I'd say Vibram Five Fingers, but concerned that would lock us in to hiring Tony Shaver as then next coach since we'd be attracting that W&M style recruit.