MIAMI UPDATE

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I don't see him doing underwear or swimwear commercials like that fine looking older gentleman lighthouse operator on my television all the time.

I can see him in a commercial for a Miami used car dealership or something, whistling and then talking in a crazed, frantic voice.

But I would characterize the false prophet as "disheveled," at best.

The man has aged more like Kelly McGinnis or Kirstey Alley, I'd say...
Sure, Jollay is a heretic who should be burned at the stake, but that is funny.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
  1. No personal attacks or insults on ANYONE. Do not defame (slander) or threaten others. No abusive, bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive language. No political discussion.
  2. No trolling or flaming.
  3. No rumors concerning ANYONE’s private life, when said rumors are not a matter of public record.

Well that takes the fun out of everything.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
When you guys bitch and troll each other, it may be fun for you - but it's not fun for the rest of us.

If you want to fight and insult people there are plenty of other places you can go!

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
When you guys bitch and troll each other, it may be fun for you - but it's not fun for the rest of us.

If you want to fight and insult people there are plenty of other places you can go!

I guess I need a ruling here. Is that comment aimed only at PiKap's "no fun" take, or the back-and-forth on this thread in general?

Not to break character here, but I'm feeling like this has become one of the more fun/enjoyable threads on the board for quite a few people. The back-and-forth may be a bit over-the-top at times, but the undertone has always been good-natured.

I can understand the rule change and will own up to my part in necessitating. But I really do feel like this ain't it. Your product, your rules though. I'll respect whatever you say.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I guess I need a ruling here. Is that comment aimed only at PiKap's "no fun" take, or the back-and-forth on this thread in general?

Not to break character here, but I'm feeling like this has become one of the more fun/enjoyable threads on the board for quite a few people. The back-and-forth may be a bit over-the-top at times, but the undertone has always been good-natured.

I can understand the rule change and will own up to my part in necessitating. But I really do feel like this ain't it. Your product, your rules though. I'll respect whatever you say.
This thread cannot die - its one of the highlights of my day.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member

I was speaking very generally and in response to the "no fun" sarcasm barb from my good friend Pikapppatri8. Back-and-forth in good fun and spirit is not a problem - and is preferred!

However, when it devolves into name calling or what we used to refer to as "piss contests" in the old CAAZone days, it begins to be a negative influence on the culture of the message boards. When a thread takes the turn into negativity - that's what we are seeking to get a handle on.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
In the spirit of conflict resolution, I want to come clean and clear the air on something.

If you think I am literally wishing @CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY to burn for eternity over his Larranaga blasphemy, you you may have serious mental problems.

For the record, I would be satisfied with 150ish years in purgatory to atone for his sins.

I am really not...that....pro-punishment after death.

To put all of this in perspective GMU Tom and I use to joke about nailing each other's wives -- and just laughed. We never resolved if we meant it our not - we just laughed and drank beers . I think Tom might have rufeed me once - but that's water under the bridge.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
NARRATOR:

Years later, PiKapp would find out that GMUTom had already been nailing his wife and the "joke" was a subterfuge to cover it up.

PiKapp's response, a misguided attempt to hire former George Mason basketball player Ronald Polite to perform bodily harm on GMUTom, was immediately rebuffed by Mr. Polite, whose outlook and actions had always mirrored his family name.

Last edited:

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Please Disperse Naked Gun GIF

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
NARRATOR:

Years later, PiKapp would find out that GMUTom had already been nailing his wife and the "joke" was a subterfuge to cover it up.

PiKapp's response, a misguided attempt to hire former George Mason basketball player Ronald Polite to perform bodily harm on GMUTom, was immediately rebuffed by Mr. Polite, whose outlook and actions had always mirrored his family name.

THAT was solid gold. Seriously - well turned - linking multiple topics. Pure artistry.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
@everyone:

I know that the vast majority (like 99.95%) of the posts made on this site are meant to be witty/funny/tongue-in-cheek, and it's one of the attractions of this site. This whole MIAMI UPDATE thread has some great comedy in it. The posts made by our fans are almost never intended as mean - even when the context is lost in print and it may seem like it was said in a negative way. Other times, very rarely, something is said and it crosses the line. This is why we have rules to follow - it sets the tone publicly for what we expect on this site.

I love Mason, I love all you Mason fans, which is why we've run this site (or versions of it) for 24 f-ing years. However, on the days where we make a decision to delete a thread, message, or suspend someone or ban someone, those are my very least favorite days running this site. I take no pleasure in it. It's a major headache for me and the other moderators.

Let's please keep things family-safe around here. I know for some of you that's not fun - but you have so many other places on the Internet to make those kind of comments. We're here to talk basketball and even about the school and other sports, but I'm sorry - if you are here to talk about other things - you're just in the wrong place.

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
It would be hilarious if QD, a God-fearing man, had to answer at the pearly gates for putting a false idol (Coach L) above the true Lord and God.

I hope it's an easier task explaining satire to St. Peter than it is to the old folk on this board...

Samnang

Recruit
Hey Everyone,

It's me, Samnang. While my work at an esteemed cryptocurrency firm has prevented me from posting much about George Mason University basketball, I have done my best to follow along with the team and this CAAZone/Masonhoops community. I miss all of you, except for maybe VCUbanana, but that's a story for another day.

I come to you today not to see if any of you are hiring, but to share that the comradery and shared passion of you esteemed posters is what caused me to almost lose my student visa and spend my every waking moment reading your posts and trying to find your homes. I am sorry and disappointed to see that some of you have now turned on one another and caused friction on these message boards.

Having a rival is healthy. I once had an ongoing feud with the Patriots video coordinator and it got pretty personal and dangerous at times, but in the end we realized we both were supporting the Patriots in our own way, and agreed to bury the hatchet. That and a nice man in a robe informed me I needed to stay at least 50 yards from him at all times.

I share this to say that whether you use these message boards as an escape from your family, a compliment to a midlife crisis or because you're not yet comfortable speaking to females, this is a family and you should all treat each other respectfully.

Thank you and best of luck to our fighting Patriots as they seek to bring another championship home from the Caribbean.