>>> MasonHoops Board Rules <<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Members:

Did you know we've always had Terms and Rules for this message board? We do, and they are linked in the footer of every page on MasonHoops.com. We have refined and updated the rules in an effort to continue to make our community strong and healthy.

The full details of the Terms and Rules are here: https://www.masonhoops.com/help/terms/

Here is the short version:
  1. No personal attacks or insults on ANYONE. Do not defame (slander) or threaten others. No abusive, bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive language. No political discussion.
  2. No trolling or flaming.
  3. No rumors concerning ANYONE’s private life, when said rumors are not a matter of public record.
  4. No posting material that advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
  5. No posts containing material that contains vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images.
  6. No advertising or any form of commercial solicitation.
  7. No reposting of tweets or other social media posts without comment that provides context for discussion and clear connection to the topic.
  8. No posting unauthorized copyrighted material.
  9. Moderators and administrators will enforce rules as necessary.
These rules are simple and based on common sense. On the first violation of one of these rules, a warning will be given. If the warning is not heeded, a moderator will contact the member directly to explain the violation. If violations continue, the member will have suspensions or bans applied.

If you have any questions about these rules or how they are applied, click here to ask myself or any of the moderators for clarification (send to any or all of HoopsAdmin, mkaufman1, Dr. Gunnie, or MasonFanatic). Or, you can email me directly: chris@masonhoops.com.

Thank you!

OP
HoopsAdmin

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
@everyone:

I know that the vast majority (like 99.95%) of the posts made on this site are meant to be witty/funny/tongue-in-cheek, and it's one of the attractions of this site. This whole MIAMI UPDATE thread has some great comedy in it. The posts made by our fans are almost never intended as mean - even when the context is lost in print and it may seem like it was said in a negative way. Other times, very rarely, something is said and it crosses the line. This is why we have rules to follow - it sets the tone publicly for what we expect on this site.

I love Mason, I love all you Mason fans, which is why we've run this site (or versions of it) for 24 f-ing years. However, on the days where we make a decision to delete a thread, message, or suspend someone or ban someone, those are my very least favorite days running this site. I take no pleasure in it. It's a major headache for me and the other moderators.

Let's please keep things family-safe around here. I know for some of you that's not fun - but you have so many other places on the Internet to make those kind of comments. We're here to talk basketball and even about the school and other sports, but I'm sorry - if you are here to talk about other things - you're just in the wrong place.

Status
Not open for further replies.