MIAMI UPDATE

Pablo

Hall of Famer
https://miamihurricanes.com/news/2021/02/01/mbb-knocks-off-duke-77-75/:

"MBB Knocks off Duke, 77-75

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – The University of Miami men’s basketball team defeated Duke, 77-75, Monday night at the Watsco Center.

Senior guard Elijah Olaniyi scored a co-game-high 21 points for the shothanded Hurricanes, who picked up their sixth win over the Blue Devils in head coach Jim Larrañaga’s 10-year tenure, a number only North Carolina has reached over the last decade."

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
A Brewster kid leaves and team gets better? HMMMMM

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
I definitely parallel this win over Duke to our win last year over vcu.

Both programs in turmoil, but it's nice to feel relevant again if only for a short while.

Fortunately as you surely most be well aware by now, last three years Mason has done far better than Miami has.

Which should tell you something.

About your God.

His name is Jim.

Last edited:

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I definitely parallel this win over Duke to our win last year over vcu.

Both programs in turmoil, but it's nice to feel relevant again of only for a short while.

Fortunately as you surely most be well aware by now, last three years Mason has done far better than Miami has.

Which should tell you something.

About your God.

His name is Jim.
to be on this amount of mushrooms and codeine at the same time at 10am is honestly super impressive

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
Gozzam Hurricanes were down 59-48 a minute ago to VaTech, now winning.

While I did have Miami +5.5 today, is my life work unraveling?

71-70 Miami, 55 seconds left

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops

The reason that the Miami-UNC game has been postponed is because a video surfaced after the Tar Heels win over Duke in which Day’Ron Sharpe and Armando Bacot were partying without masks, source told @Stadium. Miami wasn’t comfortable playing the game.

5:06 PM · Feb 8, 2021·Tweet

https://miamihurricanes.com/news/2021/02/08/miami-at-north-carolina-mbb-game-postponed/:

"GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) –The Atlantic Coast Conference announced today that the Miami at North Carolina men’s basketball game will be postponed. The game was originally scheduled to be played today, Monday, Feb. 8, at 7 p.m.

The postponement follows a meeting of personnel from both schools, who mutually concluded the game could not move forward today. Both teams continue to adhere to the minimum outlined protocols within the ACC Medical Advisory Group report, which is available on theACC.com (full report)."

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
"There was a video that was out there with several of their players without masks at a party at 1 a.m. Sunday morning, which is less than 48 hours from our game," Miami coach Jim Larranaga, told The Herald. "Our president (Julio) Frenk is adamant that student-athletes are allowed to compete, but they've got to stay safe, social distance.

"Our guys have done a fantastic job. We have not had a single guy test positive and they were all unanimous that this isn't right. We have been quarantining, hibernating, whatever you want to call it, and we don't want to put ourselves in a position (to get the virus). We came to a decision that it's better to postpone the game."

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
I knew as soon as I saw this story it was L who wanted the game postponed, hopefully cancelled.

Can you blame him, LOL?

Beginning the: "I do things right with my program while others don't" defense to 15-36 in the conference of late.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Nothing but respect for the ability to hold a grudge.

tenor.gif

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
Poor BC coach got fired for being 1-9 in the ACC.

He was just a win away from passing Miami in the standings, too.

The question now becomes...will the U get rid of L mid-season, or will they at least allow him to gracefully retire after the year?