MIAMI UPDATE

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
https://collegehoopstoday.com/index.php/rothstein-files/25-impact-transfers-for-the-20-21-season/:

"Nysier Brooks, Miami: The biggest thing that Brooks will bring to the Hurricanes? An expectation of winning. The 6-11 big man was a combined 89-18 in his three years at Cincinnati and came to Coral Gables with a goal of getting Miami back to the NCAA Tournament in 2021."

He's playing. Wonder how his expectation of winning has abruptly changed under his new barely lucid coach?

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
My question as Rothstein and Pablo continue to embarrass themselves shilling for their has been false God...

When do you guys launch a letter writing campaign to their AD and president?

After all, half of you guys are Miami donors...

LOOK AT YOUR GOD NOW LOSING BY 22 TO
2-9 BC!!!!

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
One last thing to consider...

Since BC only beat Rhodey by 5...

And BC beat Miami by 22...

And Rhodey beat vcu by 15...

And we lost to vcu by 5...

Coach L, with an ACC team, would STILL lose to vcu, and indirectly, Shaka Smart?

Go on do the math I have vcu beating Miami by two.

Unbelievable.

Pathetic.

Look at your God now.

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
Miami 78 - #16 Louisville 72

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein

·
1m

There are eight weeks between now and Selection Sunday. If Miami can somehow get healthy, it's going to be a difficult team to evaluate. Just beat Louisville without Lykes, McGusty, and Timberlake.

https://twitter.com/CanesHoops/status/1350641132170985472?s=20

Not hard to evaluate at all. Lost by 26 tonight and 2-6 in the ACC. Pathetic.

But, injuries I'm sure explain it and his 35-47 conference record last five years. Unfortunate spate of five years of injuries...that's the ticket.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I will go to my grave believing that Larrañaga had us on the cusp of being a perennial top 25-50ish team, so yes.

I'm with you. The 2011-2012 team prior to his departure had the potential to be even better than 2010-2011. Luke stays, plus they get Shane Larkin thats a LEGIT team.

We'll never know how that team would've looked on the court though. :bagoverhead:

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm with you. The 2011-2012 team prior to his departure had the potential to be even better than 2010-2011. Luke stays, plus they get Shane Larkin thats a LEGIT team.

We'll never know how that team would've looked on the court though. :bagoverhead:

Pretty sure Luke said he was going to Louisville even if L stayed at Mason, but yeah that 2011-12 team would’ve been nasty regardless with competent coaching. An absolutely loaded roster ... those were the days.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Pretty sure Luke said he was going to Louisville even if L stayed at Mason, but yeah that 2011-12 team would’ve been nasty regardless with competent coaching. An absolutely loaded roster ... those were the days.
Top to bottom there were no gaps. We had competent role players who could have probably started at other conference schools. Loaded is an understatement.

KAOriginal

All-American
Top to bottom there were no gaps. We had competent role players who could have probably started at other conference schools. Loaded is an understatement.

And we would have had potential coaches waiting in the ranks as part of the "tree" for continuity when L decided to be done.

Oh f*cking well.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
And we would have had potential coaches waiting in the ranks as part of the "tree" for continuity when L decided to be done.

Oh f*cking well.
Yeah, generally I think it’s not helpful to hang on to dear life to successes in the past, but it’s interesting to think and different discussion than the continuing fire Paulsen circle. I’d be interested to hear from someone who disagreees, there’s some solid data points that L has not succeeded at the ACC level, and his best squads were early on, and maybe that’s what would have translated to the A10.

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
So, you guys agree L would have killed had he stayed and honored his new contract he signed with us, which at the time he said would allow him to retire in Fairfax.

(lie)

That's fine, though.

What excuses are we going for now for the complete failure in Miami? Lack of facilities? Injuries? Racism against Cuban-Americans?

Many you should consult with your false God to go with ONE false narrative I stead of many...

LAYGN (14-32 in the ACC last 46 games)