MIAMI UPDATE

GMUSig03

All-Conference
Because he’s a gigantic pussy.

I believe the game against GW (in washington DC, very close to Gonzaga HS) and the game in Reading, PA against Lasalle (a school located in north philadelphia) are directly related to the recruitment of 4 and 5 star players Chris Lykes (from Gonzaga) and Lonnie Walker (from Reading, PA).

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I believe the game against GW (in washington DC, very close to Gonzaga HS) and the game in Reading, PA against Lasalle (a school located in north philadelphia) are directly related to the recruitment of 4 and 5 star players Chris Lykes (from Gonzaga) and Lonnie Walker (from Reading, PA).
This is correct.
GW looked terrible in the first half and kept it close in the 2nd. The line was 8.5 and kid from Miami made two free throws with about 10 seconds to go to put them up by 9

Coach L has recruited some serious athletes. And his whistle was as loud as ever today.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
BTW, GW announced 3,400+ today. They hosted a top 10 team and came no where near 4k (3400 was generous) and probably a third were Miami fans.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

I knew that Joe. But if he wasn’t a gigantic pussy he’d put Mason on the schedule.

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
I forgot to go haze Larranaga.

I had a coat with FBI on it and a mike on a stick and I was just going to go slowly move it toward L's huddle until I was ejected.

Oh well, maybe when he's closer to getting busted.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
So, Coach L still can't solve a zone defense... "Zone defenses have flummoxed the Canes." Sounds like the same problem he had when he was up here. :grumpy:

The team has been very inconsistent offensively as their two super freshmen work their way into playing 25+ mins a game, with the 5'6 Lykes having all but overtaken the Senior Newton as the starting PG.

As with most Coach L teams, this team will likely still improve drastically between now and the ACC tournament. Especially because of the 2 freshmen.

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
Some days L can't even identify a zone, I'm told. Caputo really runs that team know, L just yells and whistles on the sidelines, mostly for theatrics.

I have heard the hammer is coming as well. This team is not doing well for one that was put together with the financial aid of adidas.

Allegedly.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
I know I am not objective, but the statements released by the school and L's attorney make me believe he and the staff are innocent. I think the denials would be much more boilerplate and general if that wasn't the case. But I'm always wearing either green and gold or green and orange colored glasses (sometimes literally)

Told ya so!

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article200354969.html

Summary - guy who was recorded referencing Miami/Coach L to get a recruit to Miami was actually scamming Adidas and pocketing the money - charges against him have been dropped since he never actually paid the recruit. Just made up that Miami needed money to get the recruit so he could get the payment.

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
They are all guilty and there is more information on the way.

Beyond that L and his crew are once again under-achieving on the court, toiling in eighth place in their league and once again out of the top 25.

What a horrible year for Larranaga and company.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
They are all guilty and there is more information on the way.

Beyond that L and his crew are once again under-achieving on the court, toiling in eighth place in their league and once again out of the top 25.

What a horrible year for Larranaga and company.

Glad I was watching us blow the game against LaSalle and missed Miami blowing the game against Cuse.

Miami may actually have a younger team than Mason this year, at least amongst the top 8 - best player (who is a sophomore/future 1st round pick) is out for rest of regular season. Only senior that plays lost his job to a 5'6 freshman (whose frickin awesome).

Edit - they lost to ND yesterday too?! Ughhhh. Missed that driving back from Philly.

2nd Edit - wait, they BEAT ND - suck it Jollay! I can't read score results apparently...

Last edited:

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
We're coming down to the wire, but as news breaks I wonder if any teams will be banned from post season play. Opening up more room for SBU.