Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
OP
G

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
San Diego gets the next MLS team. One of these days GMU players will have the chance to play for a Phoenix MLS team (fingers crossed).

But it’s not Landon Donovan’s San Diego Loyal who gets the franchise (can’t believe MLS screwed Donovan like that).

Have you been to the Phoenix Rising’s new stadium yet? I almost went when they played Loudoun United but had a conflict.

Edit: kind of surprised the Cardinal’s owner doesn’t just come up with a bid. He’s got a natural grass domed stadium that could use the dates in the spring and summer. $500 million is a nice chunk of change though.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
I went last year at their field by Wild Horse Pass. I guess they have moved now to 40th and Washington maybe? I am aiming for a game in August when it is dollar beer night.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
San Diego gets the next MLS team. One of these days GMU players will have the chance to play for a Phoenix MLS team (fingers crossed).
Doubtful. With SD and likely Vegas, I doubt the Southwest gets three in a row, and topping out at 32 leaves only one spot. I think Louisville has a good shout for the last spot. Some think Tampa but with the leagues checkered history there and two teams already in FLA, I kinda doubt they'll get it. It should be Detroit but I think some politics and history are gonna prevent it.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
You are probably correct! I would be surprised if Phoenix never lands an MLS (not MLA) team as there is a good market for futbal in the valley and the Rising seem to be popular.