Men's Soccer

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GMU ties Duquesne 1-1 to stay unbeaten in A-10 play 4-0-3. That puts us in third place 1 point behind vcu and 2 behind St. Louis going into the last regular season game against St. Bonaventure who is 2-4-1 in A10 play.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Thanks for getting this going. I am very pleased with how well futbol did in its first year in the A10. I would love to hear at-large chatter.

Plink833

Preferred Walk-On
it seems like winning the a-10 outright isn't out of the question. would be a great accomplishment for that squad.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I guess I'm glad we didn't lose????
I don't understand why soccer rules allow for ties? What is the reasoning for not playing sudden death OT? I admit I'm an uneducated soccer observer; I don't get it.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
They do play sudden death overtime, in ten minute periods. But if no one scores after 2 overtimes, then they declare it a tie.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Mason closes the season with a 2-1 victory over St. Bonaventure in Olean, NY, to finish 10-2-4 (5-0-3 A-10) in the regular season. Very impressive first season for Mason in the A-10: undefeated in conference play and undefeated at home. Next up, the Patriots will be the #2 seed in the A-10 tournament, facing St. Joseph's at 11 a.m. on Thursday in Dayton, OH.

OP
G

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I guess I'm glad we didn't lose????
I don't understand why soccer rules allow for ties? What is the reasoning for not playing sudden death OT? I admit I'm an uneducated soccer observer; I don't get it.

3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie. For a sport where scoring doesn't come easy, after 120 minutes of continuous play, that's a pretty equitable way to end the game.

The men look poised to make the NCAA's in their first season so long as they don't muck up the tournament (please don't much up the tournament).

Last edited:

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
we should win this. too good a keeper.