Men's Soccer

OP
G

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Doubtful. With SD and likely Vegas, I doubt the Southwest gets three in a row, and topping out at 32 leaves only one spot. I think Louisville has a good shout for the last spot. Some think Tampa but with the leagues checkered history there and two teams already in FLA, I kinda doubt they'll get it. It should be Detroit but I think some politics and history are gonna prevent it.

Would be really fun for MLS and USL to merge and we get a 4-tier pro/rel thing going. I know the USL added a third tier (League 2) in preparation for possibly starting this up on their own, but I don’t know if the owners are going to vote for it or not.

And just because you institute promotion and relegation doesn’t mean you need to get rid of the MLS Cup either: split the season up and have the top teams fight for the Cup and the bottom teams fight to stay in the top flight (like Liga MX and I think the Belgian league does this too).

PS: I know this would NEVER happen (I mean, I wouldn’t say never, never but it is highly unlikely).

phoenix-arizona

All-American
I hope we get the soccer schedule soon. I am excited for the 23 season and the chance to grow their record from last year.

overall

2-11-2
conference

1-6-1

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I hope we get the soccer schedule soon. I am excited for the 23 season and the chance to grow their record from last year.

overall

2-11-2
conference

1-6-1
Yes. Sure hope so.
Seems we may be on an upswing folks. :)

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Looks like they might have added 1-2 more games to the schedule (unless these are friendlies):

• Loyola University Maryland Logo

at
    Loyola University Maryland
    Baltimore, MD
    Aug 12 (Sat)
    6:00 PM ET

• Mount St. Mary's (Md.) Logo

vs
    Mount St. Mary's (Md.)
    George Mason Stadium| Fairfax, Va.
    Aug 19 (Sat)
    7:00 PM ET

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Would be really fun for MLS and USL to merge and we get a 4-tier pro/rel thing going. I know the USL added a third tier (League 2) in preparation for possibly starting this up on their own, but I don’t know if the owners are going to vote for it or not.

And just because you institute promotion and relegation doesn’t mean you need to get rid of the MLS Cup either: split the season up and have the top teams fight for the Cup and the bottom teams fight to stay in the top flight (like Liga MX and I think the Belgian league does this too).

PS: I know this would NEVER happen (I mean, I wouldn’t say never, never but it is highly unlikely).
Well...looks like three or four tiers will be doing pro/rel lol. I have no idea how this is gonna work but it's certainly interesting. Way too many teams in USL. Seems like creating a fifth tier may be necessary and further geographically grouping the USL leagues will be the only way to do it and keep these teams financially viable.

OP
G

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Giving up 4 goals is soccer is not good.
On the other hand, scoring 3 is. So, crack down on D, and you never know.

3 of those 4 were scored in the first 25 minutes and the last was a PK. So maybe there was a bit of “not being ready” at the start of the game? Tons of transfers in. Could just be needing time for the team to gel. Will have to see.