Men's Soccer

phoenix-arizona

All-American
I just want to see progress. They won 2 games last year and maybe 2 the year before that. 1 to 2 conference wins in that same period of time--if they can get 4-5 overall wins, 2-3 conference wins THIS season that would be a step in the right direction.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
3 of those 4 were scored in the first 25 minutes and the last was a PK. So maybe there was a bit of “not being ready” at the start of the game? Tons of transfers in. Could just be needing time for the team to gel. Will have to see.
I was at the game with my boys for the end of the 1st half until the GW'ing pk. It was 3-1 when we got there, then I saw the HC and he looked possesed by a demon - then team looked completely different in 2nd half.

So silver lining - team responded from a typically insurmountable 3-0 deficit, hopefully UMBC is solid as they frequently are, all things considered it was a stud player from UMBC who was the difference. Still hope we are significantly better than last year.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The George Mason men's soccer team fell to Virginia, 1-0, on Thursday night at Klockner Stadium in Charlottesville, Va.

Virginia (2-1-0) tallied the lone goal of the match against Mason (0-2-0) in the 24th minute of play.

Cavaliers freshman forward Stephen Annor-Gyamfi collected a deflected pass and scored his first collegiate goal into the lower right corner from just outside the six. Senior midfielder Mouhameth Thiam and senior forward Leo Afonso picked up the assists.

The Patriots played with 10 players after a red card was issued to Zach Golden in the 35th minute."

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"FAIRFAX, Va. – The George Mason men's soccer team returns home to take on Old Dominion on Monday with the opening kick scheduled for 7 p.m. at George Mason Stadium in Fairfax, Va.

Mason (0-2-0) and Old Dominion (0-0-2) have met 40 times, with the all-time series tied 19-19-2.

The 19 victories against the Monarchs are fifth-most against an opponent in program history. The Patriots have recorded the most wins in program history against George Washington (27), Richmond (25), UNC-Wilmington (22), American (21) and East Carolina (21).

In the last meeting between the two clubs, Old Dominion downed the Patriots, 1-0, in the season-opener last season at George Mason Stadium."

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Details:

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
who woulda thought norfolk is better at soccer than fairfax. usually odu wins, nice comeback. however, something still wrong with both soccer programs.

OP
G

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
who woulda thought norfolk is better at soccer than fairfax. usually odu wins, nice comeback. however, something still wrong with both soccer programs.

Decades of neglect and too many good programs surrounding us.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Final: Mason (0-2-2) 0 - Bucknell (1-2-1) 0

The Patriots' winless streak is now 14 games, and the road winless streak is 25 games.

Final: Mason (0-2-2) 0 - Bucknell (1-2-1) 0

The Patriots' winless streak is now 14 games, and the road winless streak is 25 games.

Sad state of affairs.

Does anyone else remember the electric atmosphere in 2008 when We beat the Penn Quakers in a rain storm?

I remember when the soccer games used to be a big thing. "Wingstock" and even informal tailgates there by the fieldhouse.

Guess we'll see what Marvin's metric of success for soccer is.