Marko is Back!

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Jim Bohieim got it good from ncaa. Like many others, he is screaming where is unc's punishment for cheating for 30 some years. I have to assume if unc was in a down year, the sanctions would of been released by now.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I don't want any player on my team that hasn't:

* had sex with at least 5 hookers
* done coke at least one time on a recruiting trip
* has had at least one illegitimate child
* cheated on at least one exam
* killed a bunny on Easter
* kicked Santa in the nuts

The more off the court issues, the better the Talent!

-- John Calipari 3:16

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
By George. ‏@ByGeorgeMason Dec 14
Wondering how we're going to fill Marko's shoes? #nextmanup
1f447-1f3fc.png
http://Bygeorgemason.tumblr.com

"Next man up. It’s unclear the extent of Julian Royals concussion but I can see him perfectly filling Marko’s void. Royal was a highly recruited 6′9 stretch 4 coming out of Georgia just a few years ago. He has a similar build to Marko, similar three point threat and basketball IQ. Expect similar rebounding, shooting and defense but decrease in assists.

No matter who fills Marko’s void, we’re not going to be a better team without him. This suspension not only hurts our depth but most of all, it hurts our team leadership."

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Similar rebounding? Am I misremembering Royal's game? Nothing I remember from last season makes me think Julian wants to fight the other team's bigs for rebounds in the low post like Marko does.

Having Royal healthy would be a big boost overall, just not sure rebounds will be a big part of that. He only had 5 rebounds once last season.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
I view Royal's physical ability as being capable of exceeding Marko's contributions, but nothing he has done gives me any indication he would be half as effective as Marko has been this year.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
We have zero to lose by giving minutes to Danny Dixon. Others are learning by trial of fire, give him some more minutes as well.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We have zero to lose by giving minutes to Danny Dixon. Others are learning by trial of fire, give him some more minutes as well.

I think whether Royal plays or not, Dixon will have to get minutes. What I don't want is for Dixon to have to play a ton of minutes and get bullied down low, that's not helpful for him or the team.

Speaking of rebounding, Jenkins and Abram are both good rebounders. How much can they contribute on offense? Who knows. But both of them are a step up on the defensive side of the ball.

liem.le.3388

Starter
Royal basically has done jack crap so far in his college basketball career. Being highly rated out of HS, it must sting a little. If I were him I'd be telling the coaches I was fine even if I were 50% just so I can get a chance to do something my final year. 3 months left to prove I can play after college, if that doesn't light a fire under his a** I don't know what will.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
It sure does seem like this concussion thing is taking forever. Is there any word on when he might start practicing again? I don't think Johnny Williams was out this long. I know every injury is different especially with your head, so I hope he is back sooner than later. I think he can help in the scoring, but he might have missed the boat on the defense that DP wants.