Goodbye Keyshawn Hall

GMU1983

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
He has a final 4: Arkansa, SC, UCF, MSU…good riddance cannot wait for him to struggle!

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
He has a final 4: Arkansa, SC, UCF, MSU…good riddance cannot wait for him to struggle!
He won’t struggle, haha. He’ll likely excel even more once teams can’t double-team him. How many times do Mason transfers need to prove themselves as standouts before we acknowledge that they’re transferring up because they’re genuinely talented? Luke, Miller, Oduro, Kolek

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"As you could imagine, that caused plenty of confusion as fans were asking Thind to clarify what that meant since Hall just announced Michigan State was one of his top four schools and he had an interesting explanation that made sense. Basically, MSU coaches did their due diligence and reached out when he hit the portal but like football, not every talk/offer is committable."

KAOriginal

All-American

"As you could imagine, that caused plenty of confusion as fans were asking Thind to clarify what that meant since Hall just announced Michigan State was one of his top four schools and he had an interesting explanation that made sense. Basically, MSU coaches did their due diligence and reached out when he hit the portal but like football, not every talk/offer is committable."

So the kid put MSt in his top 4....and they immediately make a huge point to call it out and distance themselves.

Either he has no sense of what is going on....or he lumped them in to try to create leverage....

Interesting....

My bet the only true offer is UCF.....USC maybe secondary..who knows. Willing to bet Arkansas was the same..initial conversation ......but then they got a new high profile head coach.....

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
So the kid put MSt in his top 4....and they immediately make a huge point to call it out and distance themselves.

Either he has no sense of what is going on....or he lumped them in to try to create leverage....

Interesting....

My bet the only true offer is UCF.....USC maybe secondary..who knows. Willing to bet Arkansas was the same..initial conversation ......but then they got a new high profile head coach.....
I’m fairly sure the USC offer is real, curious if Mussleman doesn’t start to get cold feet though.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"Arkansas: 'Coach Musselman didn't take the full staff so coach Brewer is still recruiting me heavy. He's recruiting me to go there and play the same role in the SEC and be one of the main players while still helping me get to the next level.'

USC: 'Arkansas was recruiting me heavy and then coach Musselman went to USC and is still recruiting me heavy. He wants me to play at USC and he wants me to play in the Big-10. We have a really strong bond because he's a Cleveland kid too. He played up there in Cleveland so him and I have been bonding and getting close. He's still throwing out pitches why it's good to go to USC. We got on a call yesterday and he was telling me how it's a good thing for me.'"

"At this point Hall has not visited any of the four schools and will visit the school he chooses after the dead period.

'I'm going to visit after the dead period after I commit. They all have great facilities and as long as we have talks with the coaches, we're good. I don't need to see the facilities beforehand.'

As for the school he chooses, he already has an idea on where he wants to go but will take the time to lock in and finalize his choice.

'I have an idea where I want to go but I'm still figuring stuff out right now. At this point it's about me making my choice. I've seen everything out of all four schools and they're all respectable. They're all trying to get me to the next level while winning which is my biggest thing. I played at George Mason where I dominated and did well but I want to get to March Madness. That's my biggest thing so they don't have to show me anything else.'"

KAOriginal

All-American
Okay...didn't know the Musselman connection or pay attention to who.is where etc....as part of his game plan and reasoning...

But something still seems odd after the MSt blatantly saying NO....versus saying nothing about being in his top 4.

Like why make the big deal if you just want to go to USC?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

"Arkansas: 'Coach Musselman didn't take the full staff so coach Brewer is still recruiting me heavy. He's recruiting me to go there and play the same role in the SEC and be one of the main players while still helping me get to the next level.'

USC: 'Arkansas was recruiting me heavy and then coach Musselman went to USC and is still recruiting me heavy. He wants me to play at USC and he wants me to play in the Big-10. We have a really strong bond because he's a Cleveland kid too. He played up there in Cleveland so him and I have been bonding and getting close. He's still throwing out pitches why it's good to go to USC. We got on a call yesterday and he was telling me how it's a good thing for me.'"

"At this point Hall has not visited any of the four schools and will visit the school he chooses after the dead period.

'I'm going to visit after the dead period after I commit. They all have great facilities and as long as we have talks with the coaches, we're good. I don't need to see the facilities beforehand.'

As for the school he chooses, he already has an idea on where he wants to go but will take the time to lock in and finalize his choice.

'I have an idea where I want to go but I'm still figuring stuff out right now. At this point it's about me making my choice. I've seen everything out of all four schools and they're all respectable. They're all trying to get me to the next level while winning which is my biggest thing. I played at George Mason where I dominated and did well but I want to get to March Madness. That's my biggest thing so they don't have to show me anything else.'"
LMAO John Calipari needs Keyshawn Hall like, absolutely not at all. Kid overplayed his hand and is finding out the demand for his services is not nearly as robust as he imagined. Too bad.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
LMAO John Calipari needs Keyshawn Hall like, absolutely not at all. Kid overplayed his hand and is finding out the demand for his services is not nearly as robust as he imagined. Too bad.
I DO NOT want KH at Arkansas. (I am a fan. See my other post in the Coaching Carosel thread)

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
He dominated? I missed those games. Don't get me wrong he was good for us but dominated...idk about that.
Have to disagree. He totally dominated at West Virginia when he went 1-6 and scored 6 points. He singlehandedly crushed Tennessee when he went 3-13 from the field in a 21 point loss. Let's not forget his brilliant strategy to foul UMass with 1.6 seconds to go and the score tied. I'm shocked you don't see the brilliance in every aspect of his game. He's a LEGEND in his own mind! ;)

Last edited: