Goodbye Keyshawn Hall

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Lots of drama with a couple tweets followed by deleted tweets (The "I don't know why I didn't get played in the tourney" tweet and "The draft/portal tweet"). Seems like his PR strategy is a little chaotic at this point.

Tangent to that, what is the benefit of declaring for the draft and going to the portal at the same time. It seems to me that declaring for the draft would significantly reduce the interest you receive in the portal. What am I missing?

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
My sources are telling me he wants a building on campus named after him and wants it to be called "Keyshawn Hall Hall."
In order to get an autograph, you must log on to his app and get your “Hall Pass”

He has an NIL deal with Quaker Oats. You get a free packet of oatmeal with every purchase of a Keyshawn Hall poster. The promotion is called “Hall & Oats”

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Lots of drama with a couple tweets followed by deleted tweets (The "I don't know why I didn't get played in the tourney" tweet and "The draft/portal tweet"). Seems like his PR strategy is a little chaotic at this point.

Tangent to that, what is the benefit of declaring for the draft and going to the portal at the same time. It seems to me that declaring for the draft would significantly reduce the interest you receive in the portal. What am I missing?
I think guys do that when they know they’re not gonna get drafted but want to go through the pre-draft evaluation process — it’s telling other schools, unless something weird happens and I get picked in the first round I’ll see you in the portal.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Probably means he is going to go through the draft evaluation process while maintaining his eligibility.

Edit: I basically repeated what Jim said.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The NBA allows you to go through the NBA draft evaluation process, then withdraw and return to school with that evaluation in hand, as a to do list. Declaring is a way to get attention, and also telling prospective college teams that you're looking for the program that can develop you into an NBA player.

Much like with Josh Oduro a year or two ago, I assume he'll be coming back to school (a school, not necessarily Mason) unless some team gives him a first round pick projection.

Edit: I was too wordy and other beat me to it, haha

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
1711394009018.jpeg