Goodbye Keyshawn Hall

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm in total agreement there. I admit that I was part of the mob when the initial rumors came out.

After taking some time to digest and after watching multiple interviews, especially the one with Hall himself, I think that we, collectively, need to put away the torches and pitchforks.

In the end, Key is a current member of this team, and quite a weapon (remember, only a SOPHOMORE) and has the potential to get much stronger/better as his career progresses.

If he plays, I will wholeheartedly root for him. If he doesn't, I trust that CTS knows what he's doing. I'm done speculating, and/or badmouthing (for now).

Later, we can speculate away and let the dust settle and the chips fall in the off-season. I'd hate to run this guy out of the program when, who knows, he may want to stick around for another year or two.

Personally, I think we have never played such high level defense.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm in total agreement there. I admit that I was part of the mob when the initial rumors came out.

After taking some time to digest and after watching multiple interviews, especially the one with Hall himself, I think that we, collectively, need to put away the torches and pitchforks.

In the end, Key is a current member of this team, and quite a weapon (remember, only a SOPHOMORE) and has the potential to get much stronger/better as his career progresses.

If he plays, I will wholeheartedly root for him. If he doesn't, I trust that CTS knows what he's doing. I'm done speculating, and/or badmouthing (for now).

Later, we can speculate away and let the dust settle and the chips fall in the off-season. I'd hate to run this guy out of the program when, who knows, he may want to stick around for another year or two.

Key always seemed down to Earth until these rumors jumped on the scene—they made me angry, no doubt. We Mason fans have been long beset by disappointment and turmoil over the past decade+ that when negative news about Key hit the fan (pun intended), likely out of proportion, I crumbled... OH SH!T, WHAT ELSE CAN GO WRONG?!?!?!?

I hope Key understands our plight and our grueling recent history and forgives us. I don't want to push away Key, I want him to learn, grow, and prosper here. There's plenty of love for him and for our team. I hope that love makes Key want to stick around.

Junkees9

Sixth Man
I'm not convinced the existing double transfer rule is yet set in stone. I believe this issue will pop up again. If it does, would Hall (or others in similar situations) really want to sit out a year?

FreeGunston12

All-American
I believe the quote was, “yes, Hall is available, and when we can get him in, we’ll get him in.” There was no commitment, unless you heard a different interview than the one on TV.
I think the question asked directly whether he would play in the second half. So the reply you posted reads a bit different in that context. I could be mistaken though.

Obviously, Tony can do what he wants no matter what he says in a sideline interview. There definitely was opportunity to "get him in".

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I think the question asked directly whether he would play in the second half. So the reply you posted reads a bit different in that context. I could be mistaken though.

Obviously, Tony can do what he wants no matter what he says in a sideline interview. There definitely was opportunity to "get him in".
Regardless of Tony's exact words, he didn't commit to playing KH. He sidestepped the question.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Personally, I think we have never played such high level defense.
fwiw, over the final 3 games of the regular season, our team defense went from 5th in the league to 1st.
1710194175627.png

PR guy WORKING it!

I mean, hardly anyone reads the Post anymore cause of the pay wall and horrible, biased journalism, but I can envision in its totality exactly what the article says.

HEY ANYBODY REMEMBER WHEN YOU COULD BUY A POST FOR A QUARTER ON YOUR WAY TO WORK?

I'm too young to remember but maybe somebody could refresh the boards' memory?

Probably an article that the Post should have given us nine months ago, but solid.

Nothing I didn't know, dude used to be fat and play more fortnite.

But Skinn liked him from the get-go. Tony's a good guy, the type of guy recruits can stay loyal to.

That's why I am proud to have Tony head the Patriot program.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
PR guy WORKING it!

I mean, hardly anyone reads the Post anymore cause of the pay wall and horrible, biased journalism, but I can envision in its totality exactly what the article says.

HEY ANYBODY REMEMBER WHEN YOU COULD BUY A POST FOR A QUARTER ON YOUR WAY TO WORK?

I'm too young to remember but maybe somebody could refresh the boards' memory?
Yep, and .50 on Sunday when the only thing open was 7-11.