GMU: Where Construction is Tradition

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Looks like EBA remains.
I have to look at the master plan but I thought it left room for an athletic village. I think (id have to ask more when I speak to a staff person), that may include a potential arena amongst other things (field house for one). If I recall this was something being looked at for phase 2 of the practice facility. The other option for that may also be to build next to the arena.

this is all off the top of my head and I could have things mixed up. I’ll try and find out.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Hilarious. Can't wait.
Actually I don't think it is far fetched. Mason has attracted a lot more corporate donors because its programs feed regional businesses. I lead a practice at my company and we have made it a strategic plan to establish official relationship with the IT and Business Programs at Mason to identify and recruit talent at Mason. We want to get internships set up as well as IR&D projects with classes.

This could be huge.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
My son is a freshman at Mason this year living in Tyler Hall, and we spent an afternoon with him walking around the campus recently. The new plaza looks fantastic, but what was even more impressive is Horizon Hall — a beautiful building that just opened this fall.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
My son is a freshman at Mason this year living in Tyler Hall, and we spent an afternoon with him walking around the campus recently. The new plaza looks fantastic, but what was even more impressive is Horizon Hall — a beautiful building that just opened this fall.

When my son was there the dorms were ridiculous - private rooms with locks and living/dining rooms and a kitchen.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
What is interesting is the new master plan calls for the removal of the original four buildings and opening of that area into a larger quad. It also looks like the old lecture hall is going away.

So, this sounds like a good masonhoops meet up spot before Midnight Madness?

Tom's son's dorm or Oh! George's?

phoenix-arizona

All-American
It's sort of like Running Man or Hunger Games--rich people making poor people kill each other for prize money and their own sick pleasure. If you are into dystopian stuff or Korean things.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
It's sort of like Running Man or Hunger Games--rich people making poor people kill each other for prize money and their own sick pleasure. If you are into dystopian stuff or Korean things.
I like Korean food - the storyline seems a bit tired

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Hopefully there aren't giant children doll's on the GMU campus yet.

SquidGame_Unit_101_002.jpg