Game 9: Catawba College, Wednesday, Dec 17th, 7 PM AT THE RAC, NO TV

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Its a good thing

1) Its in the RAC (the CBI game was a lot of fun)
2) Beer is available for purchase
3) Tickets are $12 or free to most folks

Otherwise there'd be even less incentive to go. At least they got these few things right when putting this game on the schedule.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
In some ways this is a no-win game for the players. If they lose or squeak by, everyone goes, "Meh, it's a non-scholarship team on the road in the aux. gym. Whoopty-Doo." If they lose or win less than decisively, than they're hammered for it.

On the other hand, maybe plenty of practice time and a cupcake on the schedule is just what this team needs before starting up the schedule again.

D-II schools are allowed to offer 10 scholarships for men's basketball.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Its a good thing

1) Its in the RAC (the CBI game was a lot of fun)
2) Beer is available for purchase
3) Tickets are $12 or free to most folks

Will the hospitality room for Patriot Club and season ticket holders have free food? I know it's a cash bar for beer, but at the bottom of the email telling me how to print my tickets made it sound like the food was also "available for purchase". On a separate line it was mentioned that concessions would be available for purchase. See below for what I pasted from the email:
    • There will be a pre-game hospitality room accessible to season ticket holders and Patriot Club members. Food, soft drinks, beer and wine will be available for purchase.
    • Concessions will be sold inside the RAC
On the other hand the same email says it's first come first served on seating, yet my ticket specifies a section, row and specific seats.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
On the other hand the same email says it's first come first served on seating, yet my ticket specifies a section, row and specific seats.

It's general admission seating, but I'm guessing that Ticketmaster's system requires seat information.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It looks like tonight will be a tight fit. Don't get there late. According to the Mason Ticket website, this game is sold out. I'm just curious, is there anyone on here whos ticket request was denied?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Will the hospitality room for Patriot Club and season ticket holders have free food? I know it's a cash bar for beer, but at the bottom of the email telling me how to print my tickets made it sound like the food was also "available for purchase". On a separate line it was mentioned that concessions would be available for purchase. See below for what I pasted from the email:
    • There will be a pre-game hospitality room accessible to season ticket holders and Patriot Club members. Food, soft drinks, beer and wine will be available for purchase.
    • Concessions will be sold inside the RAC

It was a bit confusing I agree. In addition, how will they know who is a season ticket holder/Pat club member? I guess they'll have a list?

wijg

Starter
It was a bit confusing I agree. In addition, how will they know who is a season ticket holder/Pat club member? I guess they'll have a list?
Other than students, will there be anyone at the game that isn't a season ticket holder/patriot cub member.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Other than students, will there be anyone at the game that isn't a season ticket holder/patriot cub member.

I'm sure most people are both or at minimum guests of season ticket holders. I am bringing a few friends to the game.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
This game is not part the season ticket package. Tickets are still available and can be purchased online:

CLICK HERE, or call the Athletic Ticket Office at 703-993-3270.

Tickets are $12 in advance, $15 at the door.

PATRIOT CLUB HOSPITALITY & CATERING INFORMATION

Wednesday, December 17

There will be a pre-game hospitality room accessible to season ticket holders and Patriot Club member in the upstairs Cage Gym. Food, beer, and wine will be available for purchase. Light snacks, soda, and water will be provided. Passes will be emailed to those who have purchased their tickets in advance.

EDIT: An e-mail was just sent that has the hospitality pass attached.

Last edited:

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Man, hard times are here.

images

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Probably all Catawba fans, coming to see their team beat an A-10 team for the fist time ?

Exactly! I believe this is the first of a "home and home" with G Mas visiting NC next season...

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
16 min mark, I tune into to Bill and Lamar, I hear we got dunked on, then Catawba blocked our shot. Atleast we are winning 11-8. Unfortunetly, I've already heard enough.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Our cheerleaders (or dance team?) are actually attractive. Wow!