Game 9: Catawba College, Wednesday, Dec 17th, 7 PM AT THE RAC, NO TV

wijg

Starter
I disagree. Both eyes are already black, nose is broken and the mouth is bloodied. G Mas losing won't surprise or get any attention outside of the die hards on this board.
I was coming from a standpoint of still having some pride in the team and that we garnered interest outside attention, but, you know, you are right (wow did I just type that? ;) ).

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
I was coming from a standpoint of still having some pride in the team and that we garnered interest outside attention, but, you know, you are right (wow did I just type that? ;) ).

You would be wise to listen to the PoorManProfit. He only tells the truth. Most on this board aren't keen on the truth!

Pablo

Hall of Famer
It should a fun game to watch: Catawba is currently ranked 28th (9.7) & 29th (42.2%) in 3-pt. FG's per game & 3-pt. FG%, respectively, in D-II.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
It should a fun game to watch: Catawba is currently ranked 28th (9.7) & 29th (42.2%) in 3-pt. FG's per game & 3-pt. FG%, respectively, in D-II.

They can beat us if our guys don't take the game seriously, no doubt.

smccart5

Starter
This season is so boring. We're bad, we're never on TV, and is the FIRST season i have no confidence that we'll make a run at the end. Even last year up to the last buzzer I thought we could make a run.

I never thought i would ever be this "blah" about a season. It's really depressing.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I don't know. I'm intrigued to see if we are bad enough to make Edwards decision easy or if somehow we turn it around just enough that he hesitates to pull the trigger and makes us all squirm.

GMU_DCU

All-Conference
This season is so boring. We're bad, we're never on TV, and is the FIRST season i have no confidence that we'll make a run at the end. Even last year up to the last buzzer I thought we could make a run.

I never thought i would ever be this "blah" about a season. It's really depressing.
I can tell by the lack of activity on the board that you aren't the only one.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I can tell by the lack of activity on the board that you aren't the only one.

I don't really post anymore. Why bother? Everything that can be said has been said. We're all just sitting around waiting for Hewitt to can it. I hardly even invest emotionally in games anymore because I know that if we win the only thing it will do is make a stronger case for not getting rid of Hewitt. I know his bed is made, more than likely, but I don't want him to have a single thing to hang his hat on.

You wanna see a dead forum? Watch Hewitt get the opportunity to coach one more year. Might just kill my desire to even lurk.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
We have more than enough talent to easily beat Catawba by 30. Of course once you factor the Wizard of Fairfax's attempt at coaching then all bets are off.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I used to spend the whole week counting down to games. Now I have trouble remembering when they are, or being excited about going. Blahhh. :disappointment:

Agreed. Now it's a coin toss as to whether I go to games or not. Root canal or GMU game? Hmm, decisions, decisions. I am passing on this one.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
In some ways this is a no-win game for the players. If they lose or squeak by, everyone goes, "Meh, it's a non-scholarship team on the road in the aux. gym. Whoopty-Doo." If they lose or win less than decisively, than they're hammered for it.

On the other hand, maybe plenty of practice time and a cupcake on the schedule is just what this team needs before starting up the schedule again.