Game 6: Manhattan College, Saturday, Nov 29th, 4 PM, NO TV

wijg

Starter
Any chance that Hewitt didn't react because his ultimate plan could be unraveling at that very moment?

Maybe he is planning on getting fired at the end of the season so he can have a year of extremely well paid vacation time. He thought he had the loss securely in hand and then Jalen screws it up with the circus shot, possibly signaling the beginning of the end of his plan.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Obviously, the game was not out of reach!

Duh! I know that now. If I'd known we were going to hit three 3s in a minute — including a 75-footer at the buzzer — I clearly would have stayed.

Patriotfan49

Starter
This is possibly true, but it's more likely to me that he was just being respectful.

I thought it was more likely that he had fallen asleep standing up and didnt wake up yet.

ChuckFallingAsleepRedux.gif

Herndon

All-Conference
.............I cannot believe I am just finding out about this now. STUPID WEEKEND OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

Harry

Starter
F-ck me! I sit through that crap for 39 minutes and miss the one good minute. :bricks:
We stayed till the end, mainly because Patrick was hot and it was fun to watch. Then, after the initial disbelief, hugging, and high-fiving, we had to wait a couple of painful minutes before the ref, after checking the monitor, raised his arms, signalling the 3-pointer was good! A second bedlam then ensued among the faithful...

psyclone

Hall of Famer
We stayed till the end, mainly because Patrick was hot and it was fun to watch. Then, after the initial disbelief, hugging, and high-fiving, we had to wait a couple of painful minutes before the ref, after checking the monitor, raised his arms, signalling the 3-pointer was good! A second bedlam then ensued among the faithful...

Watching the replay, I can see why the refs took so long in reviewing the video. It's not that clear whether the shot was out prior to the red lights going on behind the backboard. Jenkins was so far away that the backboard behind him wasn't in the close up shot. While I thought he got it off in "real" time, I can understand the uncertainty. Can you imagine the uproar if they waved off the basket!!

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Watching the replay, I can see why the refs took so long in reviewing the video. It's not that clear whether the shot was out prior to the red lights going on behind the backboard. Jenkins was so far away that the backboard behind him wasn't in the close up shot. While I thought he got it off in "real" time, I can understand the uncertainty. Can you imagine the uproar if they waved off the basket!!

I wonder what kind of angles the cameras did get yesterday. IF this game was televised (CSN, MASN, whatever), they would have had multiple camera angles to look at to get the one that would have mattered most. Even if you look the video that ended up on ESPN last night/today, it is really hard to tell if the ball left his hands in time or not. The red light is what matters.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Did anybody see Lockett yesterday? I don't recall him playing and didn't see him on the court during the celebration after the game.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Lockett was there....also of note Mayimba is like a coach in the stands. I watched him all game shout instructions and encouragement. Really sucks this kid can't be out there due to some technicality.

I have a feeling that if the NCAA dd t decide to dick around with his eligibility he would be our starting 3 at this point.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Hewitt also had the same reaction as he did when Sherrod hit a buzzer against vcu. That's just his laid back back respectful character... Which I don't like.