Game 6: Manhattan College, Saturday, Nov 29th, 4 PM, NO TV

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Each win -- rare as they may be -- will be a serious case of mixed emotions for me this season.

I enjoy the wins for the players. You can see how much it means to them. Plus, Edwards is smart enough to realize Hewitt pulled a 10-foot rabbit out of his a** tonight. I seriously doubt anything he did cemented his future one way or the other.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
That was the joke.

But in reality, I gave her two good minutes ... (two year old and an eight month old)

Those are two good minutes that will last a lifetime.

Enjoy having little kids because they turn into teenagers before you know it.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
We suck. Won on a prayer to a 1 - 3 MAAC team. The depth of ignorance at the Patriot Center astounds me. Perhaps we get what the average fan deserves.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
We suck. Won on a prayer to a 1 - 3 MAAC team. The depth of ignorance at the Patriot Center astounds me. Perhaps we get what the average fan deserves.

I get what you're saying, but the average fan isn't as invested in this program as people who post here. They don't care that Hewitt sucks donkey balls. They certainly don't care if he gets fired.

They're just happy that they saw an exciting finish and we pulled out a W in a game we should've lost.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
I would say this is the greatest play since the Sherrod/vcu shot 3 years ago. But then again, it's not like we have many to choose from. :bricks:

GMUSig03

All-Conference
Shame on you Tom, that was awesome! Will easily be the highlight of the season. Still no Hewitt at Brion's afterwards though...

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Shame on you Tom, that was awesome! Will easily be the highlight of the season. Still no Hewitt at Brion's afterwards though...

That is the biggest difference between Larranaga and Hewitt. Larranaga would go to Brion's after a game, and go around the tables and shakes hands with everyone. Hewitt has zero personality skills.

polepino

Starter
hahah, i had the exact same reaction Bill Rohland/Lamar Butler had .... "AAAAOOOOOOHHHHH!!!" yelling at the top of my lungs at a screen though, lol

polepino

Starter
That is the biggest difference between Larranaga and Hewitt. Larranaga would go to Brion's after a game, and go around the tables and shakes hands with everyone. Hewitt has zero personality skills.
Umm.. Hewitt did go to Brions after the last second shot by Sherrod against vcu a few years ago. I happend to be there after the game and he walked into a cheering bar. I'm guessing right now isn't such a hot moment to walk in, considering how many fans are up his butt about all the losing, even in the midst of a great last second shot.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Umm.. Hewitt did go to Brions after the last second shot by Sherrod against vcu a few years ago. I happend to be there after the game and he walked into a cheering bar. I'm guessing right now isn't such a hot moment to walk in, considering how many fans are up his butt about all the losing, even in the midst of a great last second shot.

Is that the only time in what is now his 4th season?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

Good point. I don't blame him for staying away -- if I knew a bunch of people thought I sucked at my job and wanted me fired, I don't think I'd go out of my way to interact with them either.

Personally, I don't need our coach to be the glad-handing type as long as he's winning and running the program in a first-class manner.

Would it be nice? Sure. But just a bonus, IMHO.