Game 30: AT Virginia Commonwealth University, Saturday, March 8th, 5:30 PM, NBCSN

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Classy the way Briante was playing with his necklaces, earings and bracelets each of the 90 times they panned to him tonight. Hoping they were his at least.

Awful game. Glad the guys decided to fight in the second half, but awful preparation, same terrible decisions we've seen all year and lack of any gameplan whatsoever as usual. This is a bad vcu team and we still could not stay within single digits of them.

Speaking of, since we joined the A-10 have we been within 10 of either of our "rivals" GW or vcu?

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
vcu, overhyped by guys who barely know basketball and are suckers for gimmicks.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, which one of you wore the Fire Hewitt shirt last night?

image.jpg

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Someone mentioned that its Hewitts wife sitting just in front of the guy with the awesome T-shirt.

Wow ... if true, how awkward is that?

All kidding aside, it shows how painful life can be for coaches' spouses and family.

Hewitt's performance obviously justifies termination -- and I know his family will never hurt for money again -- but it still can't be easy to attend a game knowing that most of your own team's fans will be happy if your husband or father loses his job.

Cool Disco Dan

Sixth Man

All kidding aside, it shows how painful life can be for coaches' spouses and family.

Hewitt's performance obviously justifies termination -- and I know his family will never hurt for money again -- but it still can't be easy to attend a game knowing that most of your own team's fans will be happy if your husband or father loses his job.

I give her A LOT of credit for showing up. If I was her, between the team's performance, the likelihood that this might be the end of the road for him @GMU, and this winter, I'd be about 6 weeks into an extended vacation in the Caribbean.

wijg

Starter

He could have resigned to save them the anguish. Obviously, he thinks it is worth the money.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
He could have resigned to save them the anguish. Obviously, he thinks it is worth the money.

Any coach who would quit on his players and staff is a piece of crap.

While I have been among Hewitt's loudest critics, I'll never question his effort.

He was sweating through his suit yesterday. He just isn't a good coach.

Patriotfan49

Starter
Any coach who would quit on his players and staff is a piece of crap.

While I have been among Hewitt's loudest critics, I'll never question his effort.

He was sweating through his suit yesterday. He just isn't a good coach.

To me, continually passive aggressively tossing your players under the bus and never being that accountable for a complete failure of a tenure is pretty much POS material as well.

Effort is all well fine, but it really doesn't make much a difference to me. Sure it is better than the alternative of a guy just sitting there doing nothing, but either one amounts to the same thing.