Game 3: GMU (2-0) vs Cornell (3-0) on Wednesday, November 15, at 7:30 PM.

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Lol. While it was funny its important we keep the good vibes going and keep whats working going. No need to mess up routines.
jobu.jpg

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
TBF, they only had 11 total turnovers and Mason held a 22-13 advantage in points off turnovers. So overall, Okojie, Polite and Wood were pretty strong with the ball. Those two specifically were standouts because they directly led to 4 really easy points and shrank a growing 9 point lead down to 3 in the matter of 30 seconds.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
TBF, they only had 11 total turnovers and Mason held a 22-13 advantage in points off turnovers. So overall, Okojie, Polite and Wood were pretty strong with the ball. Those two specifically were standouts because they directly led to 4 really easy points and shrank a growing 9 point lead down to 3 in the matter of 30 seconds.
(y)

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This goes in partnership with my original post about the game last night.

Polite had a few rough moments. What happens? Yes, he gets benched (as he should have), but instead of us going with Dinkins and praying, or Singleton and praying, we put out additional ballhandlers like Baraka and Tre to help against the press and "calm things down".

Next. man. up.
Depth.

Amari Kelly fouls out, Henry has to play the last 4 minutes or so of the game in crunch time. No issues, plays solid defense and contributes.

Next. man. up.
Depth

I love that. It won't be the last time these types of things happen either.

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
29 and 12. Outside of Oduro a couple times, I can't think of a whole lot of individual performances to that level in recent Mason history.
I recall Jordan Miller posting similar numbers maybe 1-2 times, but your larger point stands. Hall's got Pearson's spin move and Miller's ability around the rim. That's a combo that is hard to guard.

JC_FoodcourtBandit

Preferred Walk-On
This goes in partnership with my original post about the game last night.

Polite had a few rough moments. What happens? Yes, he gets benched (as he should have), but instead of us going with Dinkins and praying, or Singleton and praying, we put out additional ballhandlers like Baraka and Tre to help against the press and "calm things down".

Next. man. up.
Depth.

Amari Kelly fouls out, Henry has to play the last 4 minutes or so of the game in crunch time. No issues, plays solid defense and contributes.

Next. man. up.
Depth

I love that. It won't be the last time these types of things happen either.
Fantastic point about our guard play this year compared to last year. When Ronald went down it was close your eyes and pray.