Game 29: George Washington University, Wednesday, March 4th, 7 PM, CSN

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
I expected G Mas to be awful this year. However, I didn't realize how vital Creek was to GW. They have good overall talent, but no one to stretch the floor. They have been an incredible disappointment.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
GW definitely "underachieved this year" and have faded down the stretch. They could still make the NIT.

That said, they have Lonergan and they have 6 seniors for next year, so I suspect they'll improve for next year.

liem.le.3388

Starter
They also have Watanabe who will give the commentators of their tv games something to talk about, hes the 4th Japanese person EVER to play D1 ball in the states.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I expected G Mas to be awful this year. However, I didn't realize how vital Creek was to GW. They have good overall talent, but no one to stretch the floor. They have been an incredible disappointment.

Losing Creek's perimeter shooting and Armwood's rebounding/shot blocking at the same time was a huge loss. GW has found no adequate replacement for what either guy brought to the team.

Steve33

Sixth Man
It seems like the fitting cap on the Roland Houston/Erik Copes saga/disaster that Mason will be playing GW on what should have been Erik's senior night.
Yea it would have been Erik's senior night. Even the season tickets have Copes printed on them for tonight's game.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Losing Creek's perimeter shooting and Armwood's rebounding/shot blocking at the same time was a huge loss. GW has found no adequate replacement for what either guy brought to the team.

Yep, forgot about Armwood too.

wijg

Starter
Possible theory for why there is so little interest in this game: It is the first game of the year where there is no hope for the team at the same time no one has any hope that Paul Hewitt is fired after the game.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Brad Edwards will be interviewed at half time. Hopefully it won't be the usual Redskins crap.