Game 26: GMU (17-8 / 6-6) vs #16 Dayton (21-4 / 11-2) on Wednesday, February 21, at 7:00 PM.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Sorry you had that experience. My season tickets are in section 102....behind the visitor bench, 10 rows up. There were mostly Flyer fans in that section but no obnoxious ones. More middle-age alums who certainly cheered for their team, but didn't get on your nerves. Generally well-mannered visitors, especially given the games intensity.
Was on the floor this game thanks to a friend not attending in his usual seats on the floor. I talked to one of the dad's in firs half and they went to Dayton but live in NOVA (typical). Funny how they live in NOVA yet one of their kids doesn't seem to respect Mason enough and has a dirty little whore mouth...but have a feeling that changed. And the little shit was a ginger. Double whammy.

One of the dad's looked to have gotten the floor tickets and green room passes from K McKay.... possible buds of hers or one of them may work for her as Kathy turned around and gave them some jabs near the end of the game to pile on.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
19 minute Youtube video summary/recap of the historic win

19 minute Youtube video summary/recap of the historic win

Must watch, it goes into deep detail
if you dont know
Oohhs and Aahhs is a soul food spot across the street from the civil war memorial on U Street
Always a line and worth it
fair prices and large portions

i have only been to the u street location

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Literally every school storms the court after a big win. I have never heard of this.
My take...if it's reasonably orderly and fans aren't knocking over players (or vice versa), then it's fine. Often security will set up ropes for the handshake lines to segregate the fans and safeguard the visitors. Easy for things to get out of hand, however, with possible injury risks and insults being spewed.

"Of the six major basketball conferences, four fine host schools for a first offense of failure to keep fans off the court. The ACC does not levy fines and the Big Ten waits until a third offense."

"We try not to be too heavy-handed on the policy of court-storming for a problem that doesn't necessarily exist. ... Don't want to unfairly financially hurt already cash-strapped athletic departments," Big Ten vice president of strategic communications Scott Markley said Monday in an interview with The Associated Press.​

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I know we were just discussing Ronny - but also hat tip to Billups who also had a "Big boy rebound", and helped drive and cut to find Ronny on those floaters. Don't think he had the best game but he was impactful.

Also, Austin Ball came off the bench and was solid as CTS alluded to last night as well. I dont' think he shot the ball, but I do remember him playing with defensive energy, getting rebounds and generally helping out on both sides of the ball.

Well done to both of them.
For the first time in my life I left my seat and walked out of the Pat Dome with my arms raised over my head. They stayed raised untiI reached my car. This win felt that good.

Interesting to note that Billups hasn't played less than 20 minutes since early Jan. Obviously, Ronnie started off strong and Tony decided to ride him. Wondering if we are going to see Ronnie's minutes increase going forward (at the expense of Billups). That is, assuming Ronnie is contributing and playing well.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
For the first time in my life I left my seat and walked out of the Pat Dome with my arms raised over my head. They stayed raised untiI reached my car. This win felt that good.

Interesting to note that Billups hasn't played less than 20 minutes since early Jan. Obviously, Ronnie started off strong and Tony decided to ride him. Wondering if we are going to see Ronnie's minutes increase going forward (at the expense of Billups). That is, assuming Ronnie is contributing and playing well.
Ronnie played his best ball at the end of last year. We could really use a repeat performance.

The last time I felt this way after a game was when we beat UVA at the buzzer. I recall the attendance being much higher and the place went nuts. Made even better because we invited some friends who were UVA alums. I think UVA lost to every CAA team they played that year, starting with us.
This game had that same feel as we rode an emotional roller coaster. Up in the first half, down in the first half. Felt like the inevitable was happening right after halftime, only for us to reel off 19 points. So proud of this team and Tony. The defense played as tough as I've ever seen. Others have mentioned some of the tough rebounds, but I'll pile on, Billups, Ronny, and Ball all had brawl type rebounds that I will always remember. And Malik was the spark who won this game. When he came in, he flat out shut their big down. Can't say enough about Ronnie's big time shots and Okojie taking over the game at the end. Keyshawn played his usual strong game. I'm still worried about Kelly and Woody. Neither seems to be as aggressive as they were earlier in the year. Kelly gets two early fouls and just stops playing D - "It's OK to foul out with 3 mins left Big Man, go ahead and hammer somebody". Woody still won't take the open shot. We need both of them at peak performance over the next few weeks. A shot of confidence is needed.
I said it after the GW win and I'll repeat, this season is a success, no matter what happens from here on out. It's been a very long time since I was able to brag about Mason at every meeting the next day.

Last edited:

psyclone

Hall of Famer
My take...if it's reasonably orderly and fans aren't knocking over players (or vice versa), then it's fine. Often security will set up ropes for the handshake lines to segregate the fans and safeguard the visitors. Easy for things to get out of hand, however, with possible injury risks and insults being spewed.

"Of the six major basketball conferences, four fine host schools for a first offense of failure to keep fans off the court. The ACC does not levy fines and the Big Ten waits until a third offense."

"We try not to be too heavy-handed on the policy of court-storming for a problem that doesn't necessarily exist. ... Don't want to unfairly financially hurt already cash-strapped athletic departments," Big Ten vice president of strategic communications Scott Markley said Monday in an interview with The Associated Press.​

Another example of down-side of allowing court-storming: